Zorin Os 17 release

today is the release day, but the Website it is still 16, and I can't buy the PRO version.
I will first get the CORE and play a bit with it until the 17PRO will be avaiable

1 Like

I think it's still too early in the day.

Will it be possible to upgrade from 16.x to 17 today?

Yes :+1:

As a user who has tried Zorin OS many times before and returned to Windows, I will install Zorin 17 today. I can't wait to try the new features, I hope it can replace Windows this time, I love Zorin! This is a message I wrote to make a note in history :slight_smile:

2 Likes
1 Like

Booted up early this morning, excited to use the Upgrade Zorin OS tool but I suppose it's too early in the day for the tool to recognize OS 17 is out. Tool still says I'm running OS 16.3 Pro with "No upgrades available" :frowning:

Can't wait to upgrade!

Off to work now :confused:

4 Likes

I guess it will be available at 18:00 and it's 16:28 here in Denmark. +1 timezone. And hour or two and it will be 18:00 in Ireland.

2 Likes

Brother, I did the exact same thing LOL!

I'll just reiterate what everyone else is saying... Can't wait to get 17 Pro!

1 Like

Hello:
I tried the 17 core version on my laptop and it looks and feels fantastic.
Like you I can't wait to install the Pro version on my computers.
I reiterate that the developers have done a great job.

1 Like

Just waiting for the Pro version to be available. I know Zorin thankfully provided an updater this time around (maybe I will use that in the future), however this time I will back things up and do a totally clean install.

1 Like

Upgrades from Zorin OS 16 to 17 will be available in the coming weeks. Stay tuned to our newsletter to be the first to know when upgrades are enabled.

WTH? :sob:

Source

Zorin OS 17 Pro purchased!

Thank you team!

6 Likes

All things in development can take some time to fully implement. Zorin OS 17 brought a large amount of changes with the Gnome4+ Desktop, extensions and testing. Finding the right balance, along with the best backports meant more devotion to nuances.

A direct upgrade from Focal to Jammy requires switching repositories from Gnome 3.38 to Gnome 4+ and the backports set up.

Reasonably, what we can see from this is that the ZorinGroup released Zorin OS 17 to its users (many have been noting that they need the newer libraries for development or the later kernel for newer hardware) at the soonest moment that they possibly could.

If we need to wait a couple weeks for the Zorin Upgrader to be patched in, I would say it is well worth it.

5 Likes

Bro, you are absolutely right: it is crucial that the upgrade to Version 17 runs smoothly on all computers. I had been looking forward to this day so much, but oh well.

In the meantime, I will start celebrating Christmas and eagerly anticipate the final release day getting closer and closer :rocket:

1 Like

I've found that a fresh install is quite, well, refreshing.
It's like deep cleaning up your desk after two years of piling up documents.

1 Like

I have a question regarding the Pro version. In 16 it gave you the right to Zorin Litle Pro for free, will it be the same now?

Yes, Zorin OS Pro Lite is included in the bundle of Zorin OS Pro.

1 Like

After upgrading to Pro I am experiencing some graphical glitches when three finger swiping and minimizing windows. Though, might not be an issue with the upgrade itself, but rather the extensions for the new layouts, cause I was not able to reproduce those glitches in the Gnome vanilla layout. I was testing them all and clicking through them and their fucntions like a madman. Gnome 2 layout seemed the most prone to glitches, follow by Ubuntu layout.

Your serious? What is the point of the up-grader in 16.3 pro then? I have 4 PC's i run this OS on, I am not purchasing until there is a upgrade option. No way I am reinstalling. What a shame. I'll have to wait then.