Zorin OS 18 - Suspected Driver or BIOS error

Believe me... I know how you feel. We are two peas in the same pod.
I have witnesses. :grin:
Swarfendor was the moderator on the forum when I first migrated from Windows OS to Zorin and he watched as I vented, frustrated and fed up; having to reinstall, over and over and over, again.
I recall at one point posting, "Zorin OS is hands down, the worst operating system I have ever seen."

I nearly went back to Windows, multiple times.

But then I found my groove. And, some things that didn't make sense started clicking into place. I began to realize that the very thing I was avoiding in Windows - was creeping into GnuLinux.
When I stopped relying on the mentality of "Give me what works" and seized it - the problems lifted away. Stabilization happened quickly - and I was in command of the ship, at last.

I still think a reinstall is in your future if you want to plow ahead. But, it can be a lot less painless than you fear with some planning:

Once done - we can begin at the Foundation - and build your way up to a stable system. I think I can help you - though some of the methods may surprise you.
It would mean letting go of the popular advise.