Zorin OS became very slow suddenly, after i copy my files

Hello,
I'm very new to Zorin OS : i installed the core version yesterday, for the first time.

Everything was working fine , very fast until i decide to copy my documents from external drive to internal NVME.

Since i started to copy, it became absolutely slow, stuttering, even sound is laggy :frowning:

I rebooted, disconnected everything, try again, it's still very slow and totally impossible to use.

I don't know what's happening.

Here's my specs :

• Amd Ryzen 5 5600
  • ASRock B550M Steel Legend (AM4) Micro ATX
  • Amd Radeon 6600 XT
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 16Go (2x8Go) DDR4 3200MHz C16 XMP
  • Corsair CX550F RGB
  • SSD NVME 1 Sabrent Rocket

I don't know what to do. Please help me.
Thanks a lot

I just saw in System Monitor that tracker-extract is using between 10 and 15 gb of ram ? Is it normal ?
Capture d’écran de 2022-05-08 14-29-07

As I have noticed if I am copying some kind of big files like movies the extractor uses alot of Ram😅
And when the process is finished my pc run smoothly :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

New information : I format and reinstall everything, i finished to copy again and the problem starts again. I have no solution

It really depends on what it is you're copying over and how much.

The more files you are copying and depending on the type the more ram any system is going to use. This happens on Windows as well.

Instead of trying to copy and then continue to use the computer as if you're doing nothing, then shutting it down, etc. Just start the copy process and let it be.

I have read topics on the internet about that, and I found they talked about problem of the cache during the process of copying big files,that cause the slow of other apps and slow the OS.
I think may be trying other gui copiers software do that auto(nocache while copying) like rapidcopy that is mention in their site(Because Reading/Writing are processed with no OS cache at all, other applications don't easily become slow). but i can't install it may be it is old software.
may be other copier apps the community here may recommend them that not slow pc during copying
https://app.lespace.co.jp/file_bl/rapidcopy/manual/linux/index_en.html
there r other talked about the solutions of the problem of cache during the copying : like drop cache, swap off before copying the large files etc..

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.