Zorin OS does not detect my hard disk

Specifications of my laptop.
Model: HP Pavilion 14-b117es
CPU: 1,8 GHz Intel Core i5-3337U
RAM: DDR3 6GB
HDD: SATA 750 GB 5400 rpm
GPU: Intel HD 4000 (1,65 GB)

I want to completely remove Windows from my computer, as it is a few years old, it is not compatible with Windows 11 and Windows 10 works very badly. So I want to have on my computer only Zorin OS.

In the Zorin OS installer does not detect my hard drive, nor does it detect Windows 10. When I go to the disk partitions nothing appears, only the USB.

I don't know if it is because of some BIOS configuration. I have been looking and for example the hard disk is split in two, and in RAID0 (I do not know the reason because the PC has only one hard disk), I do not see any option to put it in AHCI, although I do not know if the reason for not appearing is the RAID0. I do not know if it is because the hard disk is in NTFS and for that reason it does not appear? The truth is that I am very lost, it is the first time I install Linux on a computer and not in a virtual machine.

Thanks in advance to all.

In Windows 10, is Fast boot or Fast Startup enabled?
It needs to be disabled.

It is deactivated, but they still do not appear.

IF you are certain you are removing Windows, you might use the Gparted Partition Manager on the "Try Zorin" to format the drive. use the (-) button to delete the partition (Leave the EFI partition Alone - just focus on the Main Large partition you wish to install Zorin to), then the (+) button to add formatting to that partition - Choose ext4.
Once formatted, try running the installer.

This is Risky, as it will currently leave the disk no longer with an operating system until one is installed.

In your BIOS do you have SATA or AHCI enabled / disabled sometimes that can affect the visibility of the drives on linux distributions

Resolved.

In the end it was what I assumed, the Raid0. For some reason the computer had a Raid0 with virtual partitions of a single hard disk. From the BIOS I deleted the Raid and erased the disk completely, and then it appeared in Zorin OS and I could install it without problems.

Thank you very much to all of you who have taken the time to answer me.

1 Like

Glad you managed to find the issue/ Enjoy using Zorin OS :grinning:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.