Zorin OS doesn't recognise my battery

As a side note, I had the same issue at my organization installing an older version of Windows 10 than came with the Surface. It took us forever to find the correct driver we needed, but it proves that even with different Windows versions, you can run into these problems.

I hope you get it working. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Kabuki-kai, you shine a beam of hope in the tunnel. Any chance you can remember some details about the driver in question?

It’s been forever and a day, but I will see if I can track down our resolution.

1 Like

So, I’m still trying to locate the information on the issue we had (I did not work on it personally), but I had a thought. Rather than going through the trouble of upgrading the kernel, it might be worth just live booting into Ubuntu 20.04 or 20.10 to see if the icon appears. This would indicate whether a new kernel would help.

1 Like

It turns out that installing the driver set during the OSD build process was causing the issue, so we went with no drivers during build and then loaded the drivers manually from the MS download after the machine was online.

So, not much help for this issue. :frowning:

1 Like

Solution: Install Windows 10.
I reinstalled Windows 10 Pro. My laptop’s back to normal, and I noticed a few updates: Surface System and Surface Firmware. There were also some drivers.
I learnt: Surfaces need specific drivers for everything and they cannot be installed on Linux. So sorry Zorin, but I’m quitting you.
Sorry for all the pain and suffering.
Catty

1 Like

At least yours is alleviated. :wink:

Hello guys,
I’m making a new subject in the forum exactly like this for other users who need help with that.

A post was split to a new topic: Battery not recognized Zorin OS 16 Core