Zorin Os Lite in an old Macbook

And what are your pc specifications. If they are too low end (like 1 gb ram or upto 4 gb ram) so I would recommend that keep that black screen for 1 night (around 6 to 8 hours). If there is some process running it would load up in this time period. I had also this problem but this trick had fixed that :sweat_smile:. And remember to plug in your pc :joy:

Zorin OS Lite is supposed to run at a minimum of 512 mb RAM. I am sure that the specs are not the ones creating the problem. I am not well versed with the Macbook. Not sure how to fix this.

My PC have 2 gb ram. I thought about leaving all night, but it go into hibernation mode automatically

Okay. I'm sorry but now I can't help you more :slightly_smiling_face:. As I haven't used MacOs so I can't say anything thing. Let me try to Google this and i would notify you i get something :sweat_smile:

Have you ever tried any other linux?

Do you have any other USB devices plugged in? Try unplugging those.

Also try resetting nvram Linux sometimes mounts this (depending on distro config) and like in macos if it's corrupt it can cause the system to hang.

I had installed Linux Mint. It's works great

Okay so which tool are you using to make the bootable usb of Zorin?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.