Zorin OS Lite theme issue

Thank you for the previous solution. Thunar has stopped flickering now.

But I have found some other bug while using Thunar with deafult themes (Zorin blue dark)

1. Missing window border

Thunar window is missing the borders around the bottom corners. So when I put my cursor there to resize the window it won't work. However the borders around the top corners are working fine. But I mostly prefer bottom corners to resize window.

The same issue happens with the Terminal window also. But every other application don't have this issue.

2. Bad UI Contrast

(This one is not related to Thunar.)
After placing the cursor on the top of volume adjustment bar everything becomes same color which makes a it a bit difficult to notice the volume bar. (I'm unable to explain it correctly so look at the picture I have attached.)

These 2 are some minor UI bugs I guess. When I use a custom theme (skeuos theme), these UI bugs are fixed.

I thought it will be a good idea to inform you about these. I hope Zorin 17 will fix these by default.

2 Likes

Behind that slider in your screenshot, with the Switch - is a "treeview Class", too. This is because the Menu Class is used to display those plugin options.
This causes the menu menuitem highlight to display behind the slider.
It is superfluous and annoying.
I resolve this with the .css code:

#pulseaudio-button menu menuitem:hover {
    background-image: none;
    border: 1px solid transparent;
    box-shadow: none;
}

You can use that in ~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css to the same effect.
(If there is no gtk.css file, just make one. Paste in the above and save the file. Log out and in to see the changes.)
If the above code makes things seem to jump around, then change the border width from 1px to 0px and save, then reload the desktop.

Tagging for the ZorinGroup @staff to review as these are specific Zorin Theme reports.

As a workaround on this issue, for the time being:
Add my repository

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:aravisian/gtk-theming

Update your sources and install Zenith-Blue-Dark

sudo apt update && sudo apt install zenith-blue-dark

Launch Settings > Window Manager
Select Zenith-Blue-Dark as your Window border- the bottom left and right corners will now be grabable.

2 Likes

It make the borders a bit thicker but it works. Windows are now resizable from the bottom corners also.

I modified it a little and added color and background-color. Now it looks good. Also had to set border to 0px otherwise it gives a zoom effect when place the cursor on top of it.

#pulseaudio-button menu menuitem:hover {
     background-image: none;
     background-color: #1e81b0;
     border: 0px solid transparent;
     box-shadow: none;
     color: #ffffff;
 }

The Brightness adjustment bar in present inside battery icon also has the same issue (sorry I forgot to mention it earlier :slightly_smiling_face:).

I tried to fix it. In the same gtk.css file I pasted the code again and replace the pulseaudio with power-manger-plugin (as this name showed in my task manager), but it didn't work.

Waiting for @staff members replies, if they have any better solution.

2 Likes

Maybe

#xfce4-power-manager-plugin
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.