Zorin OS Pro freezing and crashing

I also come with a major problem with Zorin OS 16.3 PRO! A few minutes after booting, the system freezes and the SSD LED stays on! I mention that I have been running in dual boot Windows 11 and ZorinOS PRO for a long time and this is the first time I have experienced this! I specify that everything works perfectly... I tried to reinstall and the same problem! Everything is up to date, the PC is powerful and I have no problems on Windows! So the hardware version also falls! If you have any idea what it could be...Thank you!

It could be regression in the 5.15.0-84 kernel. Try instal/booting into a lower kernel.

3 Likes

Hello! I came back with the same problem! I switched to the previous kernel and I have the same problem! The PC freezes after 5 minutes! I tested the latest kernel version on another linux distribution (PopOS) and everything works perfectly! HONESTLY, I'M A LITTLE DISAPPOINTED BECAUSE I BOUGHT THE PRO VERSION WANTING TO GIVE UP WINDOWS 11...BUT...

Can you please give your computer specs?

What are your graphics card(s)?

Have you checked /var/log/syslog and /var/log/kern.log?

ASUS ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 3060 Ti OC V2, 8GB GDDR6, 256-bit
DDR4 - Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz
CPU - AMD Ryzen™ 5 5600X, 35MB, 4.6GHz
MB - MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI

Can you edit your Grub file to add the acpi force parameter:

sudo nano /etc/default/grub

Arrow key down to the line:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash"
Add the parameter acpi=force. It should look exactly like:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash acpi=force"
Tap ctrl+o to overwrite. Tap enter key to say yest to save current configuration. Tap ctrl+x to exit the editor.

Now, you must update grub in order for the changes to take effect:

sudo update-grub

After updating grub, reboot and test...

1 Like

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking the time to help me! I did what you told me and restarted! Now let's see if it still crashes! Respect!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.