Zorin OS Pro grub and kernel error

Hello everyone,
After using my computer for a while without the "modern nvidia graphics" I had a few problems when certain things such as videos or games that froze the computer.

Today I installed the OS with modern graphics to go with my NVIDIA GeForce 2070.

However I encountered some issues:
I had some strange fail messages that appeared and here they follow:

This above appears as soon as I boot through the USB

Then just before the desktop appears this shows up

Then before the end of the installation the desktop freezes with the time indicator not moving forward anymore but the mouse can still move

After the freeze I shut down the computer with the power button and next thing I see on the boot is this:

Could I get some help pls?

Thank you so much in advance.

Boot the installer in Safe Graphics (Nomodeset)
Once you have installed, you will be able to properly apply, install or update the Nvidia Drivers.

Thank you for the fast reply.

I managed to boot everything and here is what appears when I try to go to proprietary drivers:

How can I change the driver to keep it updated?

Found the solution for the driver myself.
Now I just need to check if it still crashes on games and videos.
Thank you for your help.
You're awesome

1 Like

You are welcome. Sorry, things got busy here and by the time I saw your question, you had it taken care of.

1 Like

Hi everyone,
I don't know if it is related to the drivers but my steam app keeps crashing (the whole computer) in ZORIN OS whereas it was working fine in PopOS. Obviously I prefer Zorin since I keep using it even with slight bugs but I'd really like to fix this final problem.

I've tried to use Steam/Troubleshooting - ArchWiki for help but it's been unsuccessful. Should I create a new post or is it ok here?

Since gaming, Wine or Steam still use 32bit, since you only experience crashing with Steam is launched, I wonder if this is related.
Searching, found:

I tried to do that and two things happened:

1st is I got a message saying that the libnvidia 510 was already installed

2nd Is now I have more errors that I used to:

• One of these was in a game and it resulted in a NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of the object.
  • Another time the game crashes without even launching and goes back to steam library.

Do you know how I can make a rollback to make it work slightly better again?
Also if you have other ideas to try that would be great.
Thanks

I would try removing the i386 libnvidia that you just installed.

I do not have any other ideas- Steam is something I flirt with, without making any commitments.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.