Zorin OS screen bugged after restart

After I opened my laptop a day later and went to main menu, where i can find all my apps (was windows like theme) the turn off and restart and lock buttons were huuuuuuuuuuge, after I restarted, the computer had a very different theme its ubuntu like, i think with an app drawer and time and percent of computer on top, and I cannot open the Zorin Appearance tab nothing happens when I open it, a day before the theme changed, I installed virtualbox, I dont think its a virus, but maybe installation of virtualbox messed something up, what should I do, its annoying, and I dont wanna reinstall zorin, or should I? If I reinstall how do I move all my apps like android studio, steam to the new install? Thanks for help, btw I dont use linux for a long time so yeah.

A Question to clarify: You installed the Program Virtualbox on Zorin or did You installed Zorin in Virtualbox?

the program virtualbox on zorin

Okay. You could try:

sudo apt reinstall zorin-os-desktop

and/or:

sudo apt reinstall zorin-appearance

1 Like

You are a magician!!!
After doing both commands, and Restarting the computer everything went back to normal. Thank you sooooo much!

1 Like

Thanks. I'm happy that it solved Your Problem.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.