Zorin Os Software store isn't working

Hey, my software store isn't working it just keep loading but ain't working.

I wanna download brave browser from that but it's just keep loading forever.

Edit:-my net working as I'm using youtube in firefox but this store ain't

2 Likes

Can you please open a terminal and run:

sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade

Once complete,
Test Software. If still not working:

sudo apt install --reinstall gnome-software

Test Software.

3 Likes

I did and it didn't work and during this command.
I had software store running. Should it be closed during that period?

Software is being downloaded state
I think i have to wait

Corrected the thread category from "Tutorial" to "General Help"

1 Like

Actually, I also needed a tutorial to "how to install
brave browser"

2 Likes

Do I have to copy paste all that command and run

I have used brave browser. i installed copy-paste in terminal.

1 Like

@Der_Panzer

you mean all that line at one time or each line at time?

I installed via terminal using apt package as above. I copied one by one and pasted it in the terminal.

try :
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt install apt-transport-https curl

1 Like

1 Like

Yes, Gnome-software must be reinitialized in order to see the effect of reinstallation of it.

1 Like

I recommend using the terminal to install applications. Use Snap, Flatpak & AppImage when you really can't find the software you want to install (which is very rare).

3 Likes

My software store has stopped working several times now. I have used your text "sudo apt install --reinstall gnome-software" two or three times but the problem has come back and that entry has not solved the issue. The EXPLORE tab is Ok but the INSTALLED and UPDATES tabs are empty.

sudo apt install --reinstall ca-certificates

sudo apt update && sudo apt full-upgrade

sudo apt clean && sudo apt autoremove

sudo dpkg --configure -a

If sudo apt update returns any pps errors (like 404 errors), remove those ppas.

Other than that... I do not know. This is largely why I use Synaptic, not Gnome-Software. From Ubuntu 14.04 'til Ubuntu 21.04, gnome-software has remained consistently unreliable and buggy.
Perhaps Gnome needs to spend less time trying to thwart harmless themers and more time fixing their broken applications.

I managed to get it working again thanks with your previous scripts - Can you please open a terminal and run:

sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade

Once complete,
Test Software. If still not working:

sudo apt install --reinstall gnome-software

I will keep your other recommendations on standby in case of a recurrence. When you say you use Synaptic does that mean you do not use the preinstalled Software store at all? You just get your apps through the Synaptic package manager and don't use the store at all? Thanks very much for your help again.

I do not ever use the Preinstalled Software (gnome-software) at all. Ever.

I use Synaptic only once in a blue moon for particularly tricky Program removals.

I use the terminal for all other package management. It is faster, easy to search through apt cache, efficient and... with the add ons I use, suggests the package I am looking for if I do not know the name.

Thanks again for your patience and asistance. I will have to read up on that and try it when I next need a new software package.

1 Like