Zorin OS won't detect video card

Using different computer because after installing Zorin OS 17, monitor doesn't work. System is a HP Compag 6300, I5-3470, 16Mb ram, SSD, GT 1050TI video card. Tried to install with modern Nvidia drivers. Took Card out and it works on the Intel chip video. Copied and pasted a link to update drivers from this forum. And IF I'm looking at the right thing on the terminal, it says that the Nvidia driver 550 is installed. I am complete newbie at Linux, don't know any of the terminology, so I'm not sure of I did every thing correctly. Everything worked fine before when I had Win 10. This is one of the reasons I have not been keen about going to Linux, but with Win 11 BS, I thought I would give it a try since I use steam for most of my games and Linux is supported there for 90% of the games. I have no Idea what to do now. I have tried reinstalling, removing card and adding drivers, then reinstalling card to no avail. Help, I would like to move away from Windows, but I am not a programmer in any sense of the word.

Hello,

Make sure the Nvidia driver is installed. You can try different drivers to see which one is working.
You can also try disable intel GPU in the BIOS so you are forcing the OS to use the Nvidia card.
Give us the output of these commands

sudo apt install inxi
inxi -Ga
1 Like