Zorin start menu missing

Screenshot from 2021-01-20 09-23-19 I’m new to Linux and I have Zorin OS Core installed on my laptop. Yesterday I noticed that my start menu was no longer there (The menu in the lower left). How can I fix this?

1 Like

Did you change any themes under the Appearance? (you can access using ctrl+alt+t and then entering zorin-appearance )
If you didn’t, then in the same terminal enter sudo apt --reinstall install gnome-shell-extension-zorin-dash

1 Like

Thank you for the reply. The last thing I remember doing before it dissappeared was reconfiguring some of the items in the start menu area. I’m using the first option in Zorin Appearance. I tried that command then sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade and that didn’t fix it.

1 Like

Try this: Start Menu (Panel?) messed up

1 Like

I cannot help but think... that the two are related.

Have you tried reinitializing Gnome-Shell?

1 Like

Is there a way to do this with the terminal? Because for some reason I can’t open that app since the menu disappeared.

1 Like

alacarte

1 Like

To restart gnome shell:

gnome-shell --replace &

Carmar gave command for alacarte- but a side note: You can also run either command from alt+f2

2 Likes

Thanks for the ideas. I couldn’t get it to work unfortunately, and because I’d only had it installed for a few days, I did a fresh Linux install instead.

1 Like

Right click on the panel
Then go to panel
Then click Add new items..
After that search menu
Select zorin menu and it will be added

1 Like

Right-click the taskbar > Taskbar Settings > Position > click Visible on Left Container.

When that happened to me once, I just re-selected the layout in Zorin Appearance.

1 Like