Zorin stuck while installing it

on the LiveUSB, User: zorin
Password:
Password is just blank.

1 Like

It's incorrect Nah I'm sorry I used capital z insteal of small one it worked
what should I do now?

Nvm, I'll try zorin core tomorrow for the very last time. If it works then no problem.

I don't know from where the problem is coming:-

I created unallocated space.
Also, disabled fast boot, fast startup boot, secure boot, hibernation mode.
Mode boot set to Uefi. Also Tpm disabled.

My disk was in Gpt style scheme So I created GPT style bootable pendrive with zorin os Lite. Still rip.

The problem appear is that something is using mount or my laptop is denying the access of it.

why it want to unmount /cdrom?
I have nothing in cdrom it is empty.

You may try sudo umount -l -r -f /cdrom in terminal, but may need to perform grub repair after.

How do I repair Grub ? I'll try this tommorow
thanks for helping.

1 Like

Saved me from a tight spot more than once :wink:

3 Likes

I'm very confused, Do I have to use this through windows or from live usb ?

You download iso file and create a bootable USB or burn a CD. Every Linux user should have one at hand in my opinion.

Iso file you mean zorin os lite file? After unmount Do I have to make bootable pendrive again using that boot repair disk?

I hope you have one extra USB stick around.
This is a completely different project - nothing to do with Zorin installation. If you have a Boot repair USB, you can fix your Linux when it fails to boot.

If not, another option is to just re-use the Zorin LiveUSB and download and install Boot Repair onto it, then run it:
https://www.howtogeek.com/114884/how-to-repair-grub2-when-ubuntu-wont-boot/

1 Like

I am not so sure if it is a good advice.
Installer USB is also a great emergency tool.
Considering a small capacity (lesss than 4/8 GB) USBs are inexpensive, it would not hurt to have one dedicated USB for Boot Repair.

2 Likes

I dont see a usb stick with Pop! OS, did you forgot to add it @FrenchPress ? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Sorry, I am allergic to Pop's desktop as well as all Arch based OSs.
It is due to a medical reason - so please no offence :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Congo guys, I successfully installed Zorin OS
I would like to thanks all of you to stick to my frustration.
@Aravisian, @StarTreker, @FrenchPress.

I would like to discuss that I tried zorin core instead of zorin lite and it worked without any error. Seems the problems was itself the zorin lite os cause my friend also installed zorin lite in pc which was success but when He tried with laptop it occured problem but when he tried core os then no problem at all.

4 Likes

We saw a similar phenomenon even during Zorin 16 was still in beta.
Much of the problems user had were solved by installing 16 instead of 15. I think it is because there are much improvements and fixed implemented in the newer version.

1 Like

Yet, Zorin OS Lite is currently still 15.3.
It seems odd... And I gather that they both do not have the Most Recent hardware that might necessitate a higher kernel...

Yes, OS 16 does come with a lot of improvements over 15. The biggest issues we face these days, is peoples ability to get OS 16 properly installed. Then if they can get it installed, some are having issues with their hardware, like WIFI not working, or sound not working.

So I guess there is still room for improvement in OS 16. But this is why we all work together to solve problems, in hopes that we can help other's find a solution, that works for them.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.