Zorin takes a long time to boot

It is like.. the login screen comes in line 3-5 seconds, after I put my password and press enter, a black screen with a cursor for 20 seconds comes and then the desktop loads

Have you checked your autostart programs to see if anything is set to autostart that you do not need?
You can easily look in ~/.config/autostart (I have three items in mine) or in Settings > autostart

There is only 1 item.. canberra-gtk-play.desktop

Out of curiosity, I tried pressing CTRL+ALT+D on boot just now and not much was displayed only a big "Z".
Then tried after login. Just normal black screen until session started.
No big deal. I may try it again sometime.

I'm having the same issue 15 was fast my Z 16 pro is taking a long time it shows a Z logo and then I have to wait

I don't see autostart in settings

My boot also takes longer before. Using Zorin Lite. Then after I re install Zorin, boot time much faster than before. Difference? Log in after the boot. I made it automatic logging in since I'm the only user of my laptop but I have my system encrypted so I was also asked for password before getting to my desktop but this part is much more simplier and faster than the log in manager after boot. But this also make me lose the safe mode etc the choices for advance users?

I just wanted to remind everyone, that the best way to get info on how your system is loading up, into each key subsystem, through the entire boot sequence, is to use systemd-analyze.

CTRL ALT T to enter terminal.

systemd-analyze

This is the readout on my MSI machine with POP OS 21.04.

Startup finished in 15.857s (firmware) + 487ms (loader) + 3.190s (kernel) + 6.568s (userspace) = 26.104s
graphical.target reached after 6.563s in userspace

For reference, this is the speed, running the OS off of this Western Digital drive, the one with the white label.

Startreker

1 Like

Should I cry? Hahahahahah

1 Like
sudo apt install screenfetch

Enter password

Hit Y when prompt

Once installed... screenfetch

Post results so we can see your hardware.

But to answer your question, should you cry? Well, it most certainly makes you feel sad, no doubt there, but no need to cry, if you know your going to buy a new computer soon.

Final words: From what I've learned about 12th gen Alderlake thus far, its going to speed that boot time up even faster then my computer. :slightly_smiling_face:

About buying computer, we will not buy. We will just assemble and doubt we can get that much and when it will came. Well, as long as this laptop is alive, I can do what I need to do. Hahahahahaha

Yep, looking at those SPECS, I can say, that it is most certainly safe to say, that your gonna want OS 16 LITE on their once its released. Please DO NOT try to run Gnome on your computer.

So yes, by all means, purchase PRO to support the DEV's, but please don't install it. Why you ask? Cause Gnome is gonna crash your computer with those SPECS. It barely is running on my old dual core Star Labs computer as it is lol.

BTW, I love how pretty you have your terminal window, I like delicious graphics, very nice. And yes, I waved to Tux when I saw him there. He's so good at relaxing while were doing all the working lol. :grin:

Don't worry, I don't want to run gnome here. Hahahaha. I know my limit with my experiments. And thanks for complimenting my terminal.

1 Like