Zorin Theme Layout Missing

This is the same issue as Appearance layout options missing on Zorin 16 Pro. However, when I perform the reinstall, as stated in the resolution, it does not correct it.

Can you please try ( a variation of the command adapted for Pro):

sudo apt install --reinstall zorin-appearance && sudo apt install --reinstall zorin-appearance-layouts-support zorin-os-layouts-shell-premium

The output from that is:

sudo apt install --reinstall zorin-appearance && sudo apt install --reinstall zorin-appearance-layouts-support zorin-os-layouts-shell-premium
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 reinstalled, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B/133 kB of archives.
After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.
(Reading database ... 287301 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../zorin-appearance_4.1.6_all.deb ...
Unpacking zorin-appearance (4.1.6) over (4.1.6) ...
Setting up zorin-appearance (4.1.6) ...
Processing triggers for mime-support (3.64ubuntu1) ...
Processing triggers for hicolor-icon-theme (0.17-2) ...
Processing triggers for gnome-menus (3.36.0-1ubuntu1) ...
Processing triggers for libglib2.0-0:amd64 (2.64.6-1~ubuntu20.04.4) ...
Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils (0.24-1ubuntu3) ...
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package zorin-os-layouts-shell-premium

Perhaps I misunderstood; Your profile says you are using Zorin OS Pro. Are you experiencing this on Zorin OS Pro installed on your computer?

Yes, I am running Zorin OS Pro 16.

Ok. Let's try something else.

Can you insert your Zorin OS Pro installation medium. Once plugged in, ensure it mounts.
Then, open the app menu and select Software & Updates (software-properties-gtk).
Move to the Other Software tab.
At the very top is an Unchecked option for CDROM:
This option allows you to use your Installation Medium as a Source for terminal installations.
Check that checkbutton to ON.

Open a terminal and run

sudo apt update

and ensure the CDROM is listed as a source.
Now, run the installation command again.
If all is successful please be sure to go into Software & Updates again and Uncheck CDROM: before unmounting and removing the LiveUSB medium.

1 Like

That did it. Thank you for hanging in there with me. I have an idea of what caused it. I use XRDP to access the desktop. I believe that is where it loses it. I run this under VMware ESXi. I am going to run the XRDP install again and see if that loses it. If it does, I will check under a standard VNC connection and see if it is there. I will report back.

1 Like

That was it. Under XRDP, the layouts do not display. Under standard VNC, they do. They were always there. It was XRDP, that was confusing the issue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.