Zorin Upgrader "Sorry, an internal error happened"

I tried running the upgrader to Zorin OS 17 but this is the error I get after a few minutes of waiting:

[CHECKING] Started
[CHECKING:Validating Upgrade Attempt] Started
[CHECKING:Validating Upgrade Attempt] Completed
[CHECKING:Checking Filesystem] Started
[CHECKING:Checking Filesystem] Completed
[CHECKING:Creating Necessary Files] Started
[CHECKING:Creating Necessary Files] Completed
[CHECKING:Adding GPG Keys] Started
[CHECKING:Adding GPG Keys] Completed
[CHECKING:Restarting Apt] Started
[CHECKING:Restarting Apt] Completed
[CHECKING:Simulating Flatpak Transaction] Started
[CHECKING:Simulating Flatpak Transaction] Completed
[CHECKING:Processing Apt Repos] Started
[CHECKING:Processing Apt Repos] Completed
[CHECKING:Updating Apt Repos] Started
[CHECKING:Updating Apt Repos] Completed
[CHECKING:Calculating Upgradeable Packages] Started
[CHECKING:Calculating Upgradeable Packages] Completed
[CHECKING:Simulating Apt Transaction] Started
[CHECKING:Simulating Apt Transaction] Fatal Error: { GDBus.Error:org.debian.apt.TransactionFailed: error-dep-resolution-failed: The following packages have unmet dependencies:

libgstreamer-plugins-bad1.0-dev: Depends: libgstreamer-plugins-bad1.0-0 (= 1.20.3-0ubuntu1.1) but 1.20.3-0ubuntu1.1 is to be installed
                                 Depends: libgstreamer-opencv1.0-0 (= 1.20.3-0ubuntu1.1) but 1.20.3-0ubuntu1.1 is to be installed
                                 Depends: gir1.2-gst-plugins-bad-1.0 (= 1.20.3-0ubuntu1.1) but 1.20.3-0ubuntu1.1 is to be installed
                                 Depends: libopencv-dev (>= 2.3.0) but 4.5.4+dfsg-9ubuntu4 is to be installed
 }
[CHECKING:Simulating Apt Transaction] Failed
[CHECKING] Failed
[CHECKING:Restoring System] Started
[CHECKING:Restoring System] Completed

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I uninstalled the packages listed and tried again and now I'm on the next step. I'll reply again if I continue to have issues.

Well, now I've got this error:

I ran the Software Updater after closing that dialog and it gave me the option to run a "Partial Upgrade". I ran that and restarted. It looks like the upgrade took. I had a different lock screen and a new wallpaper. It also shows I'm running Zorin OS 17 Pro in my About screen. Hopefully, everything will run smoothly.

1 Like

I'm having a very similar issue, with the exception of the failed file of course, mine is: Fatal Error: { GDBus.Error:org.debian.apt.TransactionFailed: error-dep-resolution-failed: The following packages have unmet dependencies:

zorin-os-desktop: }

Were you able to perform a full upgrade after removing the problematic files?