Zoris 16.2 can't install on Macbook Air (2015)

Hello everyone,

I am attempting to install Zorin Linux on my Macbook Air (2015), Intel 1.6GHz i5, 8GB RAM, 130GB SSD HDD.

After creating a Zorin ISO installer to an 8GB USB thumb drive using Etcher, the installer booted up and failed after I choose EFI from the boot-up menu.

The error message when I attempted to install Zorin OS is installation error "unable to find a medium container a live file system".

Upon my research, I discovered that the error message "unable to find a medium containing a live file system" is typically encountered during Zorin OS installation when the system is unable to locate a bootable image or live file system. This can be caused by several factors, such as corrupted or improperly formatted installation media, problems with the device drivers or firmware, or issues with the system's BIOS settings.

The above-mentioned steps did not resolve the issue, and my next step is to burn the Zorin OS into a DVD-RW drive and install it from the DVD-RW drive.

Before I buy the commercial edition of Zorin Pro, can I get a trial version to test the performance (speed) of Zorin Pro, and if my Wifi and all other keys function proper on this Macbook Air (2015) ???

If you've got another computer that boots Zorin OS, I recommend using gnome-disks (Disks application) to create your Zorin OS Boot USB.

Open the Disks application, select your USB stick, click the '3 vertical dots' button at upper-right, select "Restore Disk Image", select the Zorin OS .ISO file, then set it to burning.

1 Like

Using Zorin Core or Zorin Lite is the same as using Zorin Pro. The Pro version is purchased to contribute to the development of Zorin. The only thing you get with Zorin Pro that isn't a part of the free versions is bundled software and desktop layouts. Everything else is the same. The performance of Zorin Core/Lite will give you the indication of Pro's performance since none of the optimizations or configurations are held for Pro.

As for your issue, many Mac users have posted their issues here in the forum. Using the search at the top of the page you may find a resolution in the many Mac threads that already exist.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.