Account logs out automatically

Hi there,

I've been noticing for a while an issue that has become too annoying to ignore.

When I leave my computer for a few minutes the screen dims and the computer locks itself. However, sometimes, it also logs me out from my account. This is problematic because I then have to re-launch all my programs and reload any open tabs on the browser.

From the screenshot you can see that I have enabled "Automatic Suspend" but so far I've never had any issues when putting the computer into suspend mode manually (by running suspend on the terminal).

Note, a few weeks ago I followed this thread (now separated into its own) to disable suspend mode when I close the laptop lid. But I've already tried reverting these changes and issue persists.

What can I do to fix or diagnose this? Thanks!

Disable "Lock on Sleep."
This is a Powersave feature and a Security feature in one.
From the Settings app (Pro or Core), navigate to the Privacy tab.
Then to Screen Lock.

That doesn't seem to do anything. I've just tried setting 1 minute timer and disabling both "Automatic Suspend" on Power Settings and "Automatic Screen Lock" on Privacy > Screen Lock.

This may be a coincidence, but it only happened when I had Firefox opened. I'm not sure about the other times but I'll try to pay attention to this and I'll record a video.

1 Like

This is weird: when I open the menu and click on the "Lock" button it will do exactly that, lock the screen and that's it. I can enter my password and resume my work as expected.

But when I press Super + L it will log me out from my account, same as if I just leave my computer alone for a few minutes as described in the first post.

I have already checked that no settings are enabled to either suspend nor lock the computer automatically when the screen is blank :thinking: There must be a file somewhere where I can see what the actual values are?

I still have to record that video to demonstrate what happens I'll try to do that later today.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.