After installation nothing posts on screen when turned on

This would be frustrating even with normal boot.

However, you can download the following needed packages using a USB stick, then transfer and install them to the current machine.
They are:
http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/b/b43-fwcutter/b43-fwcutter_019-4_amd64.deb

This one may or not be needed - so including it anyway:
http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/multiverse/b/b43-fwcutter/firmware-b43-installer_019-4_all.deb

Also download the drivers while you are at it:
http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/restricted/b/bcmwl/bcmwl-kernel-source_6.30.223.271+bdcom-0ubuntu7~20.04.3_amd64.deb

Move the first two downloaded .deb packagtes to your Home Folder, then run:

sudo dpkg -i *.deb

Now for the third downloaded package; the drivers. Move that .deb to your home directory and install it :

sudo dpkg -i bcmwl-kernel-source_6.30.223.271+bdcom-0ubuntu7_20.04.3_amd64.deb

Once all of the above is complete, you should have networking and networking should work when enabled in recovery menu.

Above your image shows the Panel and the Desktop Terminal Window rather than the recovery prompt. Have you had success with booting in the meantime?

For the first one

Second one

It looks like the genius installer referenced a file that wanted to access the internet in order to download more.

However, I really need to confirm or verify this:

This is important for troubleshooting as I need to fully understand your situation.

Nono this is the recovery mode I can only get a boot if I go to advanced and boot from recovery there. I can't boot normally it just shows a pixelated screen

I understand. You are only able to boot to the desktop by using recovery mode to do so.
This definitely points to a Graphics issue. The drivers you have should be sufficient. You may need further boot parameters.
Can you please try the grub parameter radeon.dpm=0

Which line should I be inserting this

I did try and ssomething like this came

Arrow key down to GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash" and place your parameter within the quotation tags. For example if you are adding the nomodeset parameter, it would look like:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash nomodeset"

In your case, it would look like: GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash radeon.dpm=0"

Alright done now reboot?

yup, reboot to test

Alright rebooted normally without recovery still issue persist

Ok, please replace that parameter with amdgpu.dc=0

It would look like: GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash amdgpu.dc=0"

No luck still the same

I am not sure of others we can try... may need to try some Internet searches. Currently, I need to go take care of other things and will be offline for a while.

Sure man thanks for the help

Hope this will help btw I can connect to the internet now using my phone and a usb connection

Question: Does it work if you boot into the LiveCD?

Also: If you have a Mobile phone that allows USB tethering, plug the phone into the computer via usb, enable tethering, reboot. and then try update / upgrade suggested by @Storm

1 Like

Let's try:
radeon.modeset=0
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash radeon.modeset=0"

Don't forget to run
sudo update-grub

No nothing screens dead and even other os does the same thing (pixelated screen from live boot) so if my gpus dead