AMD stop support old graphic cards

This is true, you want to make sure that the money you are spending, you are getting your moneys worth. This is the reason why I didn't buy a Razor notebook. Just do some research into Razor notebooks, and you'll learn how they are subpar in quality.

Basically, Razor employ's the whole, form over function routine. Make the notebook look all pretty on the outside, but use cheap parts on the inside, and a junk cooler that causes the computer to thermal throttle all the time.

I made sure when I bought my MSI Raider, I was getting my money's worth. Infact, I cared so much about that, I had to make sure and took the bottom off to have a look inside. Have a look at these pictures, take a close look at those capacitors, chips, and cooling, what do you think?

IMG-2668
IMG-2661
IMG-2679
IMG-2673
IMG-2693
IMG-2687

Can you write a model this Razor I will try find him on one youtube channel where he repair a laptops https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8q23MpiyWjv9vd4r85oj1A/videos.
Important in laptop is a hinges metal and strong housing also screws mounted on metal bases. I understand this is back cover. Good ventilator both sides. With condensator if they have a japansk Nichicon.

1 Like

MSI GE76-231 on M.F. Lab

To answer your question, this laptop has a metal casing, I believe the hinges are metal as well, high quality. You can see video details of the tear down on Youtube at that link. You can also see how easy it is to swap stuff out like memory for example.

But you do have to be careful popping off the bottom though, cause the bottom is made out of plastic, and uses tiny plastic clips. It also has a ton of metal screws that hold it on as well yes. But still, got to be careful when using your guitar pick based spudger tools.

what about asus laptop products?

Asus makes those Tough Books, they are not super popular, but they are quality. I almost bought one this year, but they didn't sell anything with an Nvidia 3080 at the time, so Asus lost out on a sale.

Stay away from Gigabyte! They have been pushing super hard to get people to buy their notebooks, its about the only gaming brand that Newegg has been selling as well. But if you have been staying in the know about Gigabyte, then you know they are bad news.

They make bad quality products that go up in flames, quite literally. They hide behind things, sweep their mistakes under the rug and hope people don't notice their screw ups. When tech media calls on Gigabyte, they double down and try to smear the media instead of owning up to it, and correcting it.

what about Dell and HP laptop products? I have plans to buy one of these 3 brands.

Dell can be hit or miss with their gaming machines. Their most popular machine is called the XPS15. HP don't make any serious gaming machines that I'm aware of so don't buy unless you can personally test one yourself.

thanks for the suggestion, i am interested in asus because i have had good experience using asus laptops for the past few years.

Asus if i am wrong take certificate most silence laptop.
Some laptops still good some are go down with quality.

Guess what?

When I got my MSI computer, it was dead silent too. People in modern day are more sensitive to noise, if they heard what a 1980's IBM computer sounded like, they wouldn't be complaining. But people expect silence now, the room must not exceed 20DBA, or they will go on strike lol.

But you know what you get with a computer that is tuned from the factory for silence until the CPU gets 80C then begins making noise? You get an overheating computer that lessons its life for every hour the capacitors and chips have to deal with being in high temps.

I used the secret magic command that unlocks the full MSI BIOS to the user. I went in there and I re-tuned the fan throttle curves. I set the fans to begin spinning as low as 35C, and set them to MAX fan speed at 65C. I don't mind some noise as long as my computer remains cool.

Now I ask you, do you really think your modern computer is loud? Listen to that IBM and answer that question. lol

1 Like

this temp. Artefacts??

It could be artifacts from temp or from voltage out of range. Back in the 2000's I used to overclock a desktop computer that I still have, and everytime I took the GPU too high, it would freeze up with artifacts.

Really about the only way that I can think of to discover if its temp related, is to fire up Psensor, and tell it to log the info in a file. So hopefully, even if the computer freezes up, you'll at least have some data to fall back on.

Otherwise the only other way is to have Psensor loaded up on another monitor, so even when the computer freezes, you'll be able to have the readouts hopefully, or at least be able to have seen the temps just before the computer freezes.

BTW, I have a BenQ IPS 24" 60-hertz 1080P monitor, I use it mainly with my tablet when in my room, 24-inches is nicer then 10 inches lol. But I use my main computer on my 55" 4K TV, it sure is easier for my eyes to adjust with more inches lol.

Also, don't forget to test different displays too, cause you never know, sometimes displays do crazy things when they go out. CRT's were known to do crazy stuff when the tubes were going on them too.

I might deviate from the topic, but now I started to wonder what will happen when NVidia stops providing Linux drivers for the graphics cards I am using :thinking:

I just keep my finger crossed that Nouveau drivers will get better by that time...

This problem i have when graphic cards price go over 300% or more. My graphic card is now more expensive when I bought her in 2015. My graphic cards are not supported. Sometimes i have a blue screen or black screen , freeze. I bet it something with temperature. From AMD have some wattman problems.

You might want to check the cable arrangement in the chassis for a better airflow.

Inexpensive Insulock is very useful when it comes to a cable arrangement. I bought a bag of it over 10 years ago and I still have a plenty of supply - perhaps till the end of my life :wink:

Also If you have another add-on cards, it helps to move them to make as much space around your graphics card.

Your right, you can blame crypto miners and the tech shortage for the 300% price increase. Nvidia 3070's 3080's, and 3090's cost more then the whole computers themselves these days.

Good idea to check your power cables going into the video card I agree. You may want to reseat the GPU as well, then re-plug the power cables. Another thing, what brand of PSU is in that computer of yours?

And when you picked out your PSU, whatever brand it is, did you make sure to buy one that produces more power then you need? Believe it or not, bad PSU's, or lower watt PSU's where you draw too much power from, are known to cause BSOD's.

Make sure that computer is not thermal throttling all the time too, check all sensors. Get yourself a temp gun, beam it at different places, including the VRM. Look for anything that looks like temperature runaway.

Lots of causes for computer issues in this area of discussion, so you can really only go down the list one by one until you find the issue.

A computer was build in 2015 - two

twins a computers.

https://i.imgur.com/IUzGchZ.jpg here is inside. Yes here little place from procesor fan cooling and backplate. Are you suggest bigger a case?

I'm going to bed. Before I do though, I just wanna say, nice cable management. But holy guacamole :avocado: you got a lot of hard drives in that machine. Each 3.5" mechanical drive draws up to 30-watts, just so you know.

I really hope your power supply is high rated like 1000 watt 80+ Good or better. And let's also hope the brand of that PSU is not Thermaltake or Gigabyte.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Power-Supply-Units/Power-Supply-Units-Advanced/RMx-Series/p/CP-9020179-NA
It working all time without no problems.
Propably you have wright many peripherals with led and etc. Could eating more a power consumption. I have also outside ssd hard disk what exist linux.