AMD stop support old graphic cards

You actually get a decent sum of money if you have a whole farm mining you can earn serious cash by selling the cryto you mined. Just don't steal power, alot of people steam power to mine so they don't need to pay for electric fee but guess what the cops gonna take all ur GPUs away and ur gonna be in prison.

Is it a mini tower?

I once bought a mini tower and I regretted it forever since there was not much room to manoeuvrer things inside.
Unless one lives in a Paris/Tokyo apartment and the space is premium, I strongly advocate a full tower.

Aside from a better air flow, other advantage of full tower is that it can take almost any size m/b.

I had to replace malfunctioned ATX m/b and the only compatible m/b I could get my hand on was CEB format (workstation m/b). Luckily, full tower can take this dimension and I was saved from replacing CPU and RAM (most expensive parts) for incompatible m/b.

1 Like

Yes. I have experience a small case is disaster to out temperature from a computer. The hard disk are server hard disk WD RED but when I don;t used them then they don't eating all time a power?

Actually my system is HDD free.
You can see its picture here:

My only HDD is used externally in a home made NAS (OpenMediaVault).

While I use a quite descent power supply (Corsaire AX860), eliminating 3,5 inch HDD greatly reduced the power consumption.

My temperatures

1 Like

And here's mine.

You will not see the temperature of my main SSD since PNY registers a wrong temperature (95 C) and I remove it from the list. I see you also have a sub zero temperature for some sensors.

I think your machine temperature looks quite good for the air cooling system.

Yes. I have not big a case and your a computer is very good.

1 Like

Bourne

I had a look at your temps, nothing in there concerns me believe it or not. Don't bother with the AUX temps, just remove them from ever being displayed again in the settings.

Your idle temps are completely normal IMO. And your load temps are also completely normal. I would be concerned if the temps were hanging out at 60C at idle and 95C to 100C at load at all times. So temp wise is not the issue.

There is a big difference when it comes to power draw between an HDD and a SSD...

3.5" HDD's can draw up to 20 to 30 watts
2.5" HDD's can draw up to 15 to 18 watts
SATA SSD's can draw up to 5-watts
M.2 SSD's can draw up to 8-watts

And when I saw how many 3.5" drives you had in there, thats why I was a bit concerned. But hopefully, your GPU doesn't draw too much current and it will be fine.

For each generation of hard drive, we generally see a reduction in power. However, high performance M.2 SSD drives have increased in power consumption, probably in order to keep up with PCI Gen 3 and Gen 4 speed standards.

3.5" HDD's I have 2
2.5" HDD's I have 1
SATA SSD'S I have 2
GPU used only with game. If I am not playing game then only processor and RAM is used. I saw on linux temperatures are lower from windows operating system.

Memories of the good old days. :joy:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.