Are you happy with ZORIN?

• I'm happy with Zorin Core
  • I'm happy with Zorin Lite
  • I'm NOT happy with Zorin

0 voters

If you have another de on zorin, choose if this de is installed on top of zorin core, or lite, and then reply it in comments

3 Likes

I am happy with Zorin 16 core since I changed the DE to Cinnamon. My only complaint is their update software doesn't always work. I just now got a notice I needed to install an update. When I clicked on update it showed my system was up to date.

3 Likes

I am happy with Zorin, both Core and Lite! But couldn't vote in both :frowning_face:

I mainly use CORE on my Dell 5557, for almost a year. And recently I installed Lite in my old laptop Dell 7520. I installed Core in it first, but the good ol' thing was struggling. With Lite, everything runs smoothly. I got a little confused with the XFCE at first, since I only used GNOME's core version, but I am getting used to it and really enjoying. Having second thoughts if I should have installed Lite on my Dell 5557 as well.

I am thinking to try out some other DE's in the future. Open to any suggestions :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Zorin Lite good for daily things without gaming if you have a poor gpu. Many themes to configuration. Simply operating system for simple software. That is my experiences and fast on start but when using longer i have a feelings like a RAM started fully and system start slower. Something like some function a backside working or isn't correct closed.

2 Likes

Yes, using Cinnamon as well. I have no issues whatsoever and very happy once I put Cinnamon on it. Only thing I wish is we had the updated version of Cinnamon instead of this older version.

If I hadn't put Cinnamon on, I was fully prepared to leave and install Linux Mint.

3 Likes

Also have Cinnamon installed, though I admit I log in on XFCE far more often.

3 Likes

Well, since I use my newer laptop for gaming, I will stick with Core.
Didn't use the old one with Lite for a long period of time, so I didn't notice it getting slower as you said. But I will keep an eye on it :wink:

1 Like

I'm happy with zorin lite, I like xfce, I have tried other DEs on zorin lite like kde and cinnamon. that made a lot of problems to me specifically kde, I hate kde in zorin lite. xfce is the best.

2 Likes

I am very satisfied with the use of Zorin. My daily drive is Zorin Core (Gnome) but I use triple boot (Windows and Zorin Lite). I find Zorin Lite fast and easy to use. So I'm overall happy with Zorin, it's just that I fond of Gnome.

Ps, yesterday I tried Voyager lts 22.04 based on Gnome and Xfce. Both integrated in one OS. You can choose the desktop by selecting the DE from the log in screen. Great option.

3 Likes

XFCE wins!!
I am extremely happy with the Zorin os lite :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
After Distro hoped so many times now settled on Zorin os
BUT
I am a little concerned about the direct update from Zorin 16 to 17

2 Likes

I have Budgie installed and use it most , but enjoy Zorin's take on Gnome also.

Zorin Core + Chrome = the perfect OS, IMO. Have it on two old Dells and an old Lenovo biz PCs.

Zorin is the first distro with the slick, modern look and usability of a commercial OS that people with talent and taste designed.

2 Likes

i am happy with zorin os education it is good but there are many optimization issues and some bugs if they get fixed i think it is far better than windows and even macos then i think zorin would be standardised across the globe some features can also be added

pros
1 . Great compatibility with any android smartphone
2. Feature rich
3.god level customization
4.windows games support i tested gta vice city , shark attack,tomb raider ,and some basic free games i think i was playing on windows smooth experience
5.themes icons and many more things they are many to praise

cons
bugs ("these bugs i faced so it is possible that you might face different or you not face " like my sound output is decresed when i shifted on zorin from windows
some time cursor freezes some time whole freezes then by some jugaad i have to power off it ,
smetimes trackpad stops and some minor other bugs

optimization issue

1 Like

ya you are right but browser you can use like brave or vivaldi i think you'll get better experience

1 Like

if u face anything u can make topic here for it and a lot of helpful people here can help u , may be u just need to edit only simple settings in your zorin,so don't hesitate to make questions in more details for each problem u face

2 Likes

I've been using zorin pro since August last year. it works like a charm and I'm happy with it.

3 Likes

Yup another Cinnamon DE user here using 16 Pro I also have XFCE DE installed but so far haven't need to use it .... Cinnamon does what I need and I don't need to confuse myself using to different DE's .... I'm confused enough now ....

2 Likes

ya i do that everytime check my id there i posted many problems
i almost get solution of all except my sound output issue
the thing i said for non tech user to shift on zorin if they will get issue like this they will not come forum or go to youtube to resolve it
so for that i said if there will good optimization with all computers and laptops like windows it will become best os for all types of user

1 Like

This tread EXPLODED! Btw I am happy with zorin os lite...

2 Likes

Core is the same what Zorin 16 Pro but in XFCE I saw application working better not freeze or bugged. It is possible GNOME was evolved and they are repaired some bugs or fixed. I also uninstalled flat and snap packages. Only .deb working perfectly.

1 Like