Arrows tab q506/me sound issues

thank for the tip… it was set for japanese server…

Well, then. OK, Thanks to Zab for bringing that up- Please set that to Main Server, THEN do your updates. However, I must point out that at this time, it is possible that a reinstall is probably still necessary.
If so, uncheck the box for Install Updates during Installation," then once installation is complete, rebooted, open Software & Updates and set that to Main Server, then run your updates (Either in terminal or with the GUI app already open on your screen.) You may also, while there, click the Additional Drivers tab and check for any drivers.

will do, thanks again…

so… installed zorin lite and problem with sound has not changed… everything seems to be the same sound wise and when i try some of the tricks i was shown, output seems to be the same as before… so now i am researching to see if i can find a solution…

i found one thing from:

so in terminal i input: sudo -H gedit /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf

again i lost my bluetooth mouse, this happends when i am trying anything connected with sound, even something like opening alsa-base.config… and recovered it by doing nothing but looking at blue tooth settings… changeing nothing and then mouse comes back…

anyway,

so i added the line: options snd-hda-intel model=generic

this did not work…

also found a link about a fellow fighting to get his sound going for 2 months! and this was his solution in the end… to install Mercurial Packages… did a little research but still really do not understand what this pacage is and what it does to the os… so have not done this yet… any input as to what this mercurial stuff does any why it would effect sound would be intresting

Certainly can understand how frustrating this persistent issue is.

Bluetooth is associated with sound control due to Bluetooth Speakers and Earpieces and the like needing access to sound.

I never heard of mercurial packages, will look that up.

For what it is worth, I am sorry for the ongoing trouble.

sorry for nothing aravisian… thanks for your time! i will keep looking some more before giving up and seeing if i can get windows 7 into this tablet… the spyware os win10 even though installs np is simply not an option… it is a used tablet i just got that came with win10 and some hardware is not supported by win7 but that does not mean it will not work on win7. the reason i am trying to get linux on this little box is because soon win10 will be unavoidable on new hardware so i have to find an alternative before this happends… so thought i would take a look at it now before i am trapped… but really it seems that to use linux in a reasonable way requires many hundreds or very possibley many thousands of hours of playing with the os before one becomes self dependent on trouble shooting… and this is the thing… i simpley do not have the time right now to give up so much time just so i can properly use an os… i want the software to manage the computer 99% of the time… not me… to many other project always on the go… but like i said i will look a little more…

Some Hardware does struggle with Linux. But this does not speak of Linux as a whole. Notice that the forum is not Inundated with users requesting help. Some days, there are no posts at all.
But… Certain older Dells, Fujitsu… Lenovo… And certain tablets - They struggle with it more often. I have a Sony Toughbook Tablet PC I installed Zorin Lite on and Every single thing worked right away, no troubleshooting needed. I use it for automotive diagnostics.

In future, Zorin Team is working on an ARM version. But it is not a completed project at this time.

In the meantime… There are many distros out there with different teams and so have Large teams working on them. You might check into other distros like Pop_OS! and MX Linux to see if they perform better. While Zorin is more about a Well Rounded approach, other distros focus on more special use.