Auto Dual Boot on HP Zbook 15 G2 and unrecognized NVMe M.2 SSD

Here is my cat @StarTreker :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Awwww, oh my gosh, so cute! Big hugs for kitty, pets on the head, good solid neck scratch lol. Now grabs cat toy, proceeds to get cats paws with cat toy. Cat bites toy, mission accomplished. :blush: Meow :cat2:

2 Likes

I keep forgetting to update this, Thank you @337harvey This is the solution that worked for me with the NVMe drive. It took a while as I needed to first get GRUB to actually show itself as it wouldn't show up at all. I finally found an obscure response on the Linux Mint forums that worked for me that I didn't see posted in any other forum responses as answers across all the forums and internet places I searched. I guess not a common answer based on what I noticed in my findings and searches to other users forum posts regarding troubleshooting GRUB menu's not showing or displaying during start-up.

This finally made GRUB show itself for me after all other attempts failed:

Changing the line in /etc/default/grub 

from #GRUB_TERMINAL=console to GRUB_TERMINAL=console 

sudo update-grub 

and reboot.

Source Credit - third to last post in this thread, credit: senjoz

https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=354886&p=2052378&hilit=GRUB+missing+displaying#p2052378

Thank you @Aravisian - I also went and installed rEFInd while searching for the elusive GRUB menu as I was getting tired of having to switch scripts in order to select which operating system to boot into.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.