Bar at the bottom

This is the most confusing thread, ever. :expressionless:

1 Like

developers can help :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Or at least, a member that Uses and Understands Gnome Desktop Environment better than I do. I use Zorin Lite and never use Gnome.

Um, this is not accurate. Zorin Core is Gnome, defaults to Gnome and does not contain XFCE at all.

sooo i have gnome mixed with xfce or gnome looks like xfce

Gnome does not look like XFCE and Your screenshot above shows the XFCE packages installed, including app-finder, the XFCE4 version when you typed “xfce4-about” earlier.
I am utterly mystified as to what you two are talking about. It would not be logical for Zorin Core to come with XFCE, then default to XFCE. Then offer a separate Zorin Lite (XFCE) that loads in XFCE.

Zorin Core is the Gnome Desktop. It does not include XFCE.

i installed zorin os core and i have xfce

this is screen shot before this

I do not doubt your integrity.
But I can very confidently assure you both:

Zorin Core is Gnome Desktop and Does Not Contain XFCE.

Even Zorin Ultimate does not come with XFCE, it comes only with Gnome. For Zorin Ultimate with XFCE4, you must install a Separate build: Zorin Ultimate Lite. For members that choose Ultimate, they receive both Zorin Ultimate and Zorin Ultimate Lite - as separate packages in separate downloads.

Zorin OS Lite comes with XFCE4 desktop version 4.14. Likewise, it does not come with Gnome Desktop.

Where did you download your copies of Zorin OS from? Did you check the MD5sum?

I am going to refer this thread directly to the Zorin Team to check their sourceforge download site, just to be sure that nothing is wrong with it and the proper packages are available and secure.

its can be xfce or gnome, i just want bar not be at the top

Can you help me to understand which of these two statements is the accurate one?

im not good at english, so i can do mistakes

Ok.
I am the poorer one as I only know One Language. And I still make mistakes in it, too.

So, your bar is at the top, but you want it at the bottom. Setting it to bottom in “Layouts” in Zorin Appearance does not change it- and the Panel Tab does not have the Option for “top or Bottom” that Zabadabadoo showed, am I correct?

yes :upside_down_face:

Hi @JustFOx,
It appears that there is a desktop-related error occurring with the panel, which is stopping it from moving to the bottom of the screen.

If possible, could you please send us a system log as an attachment to the email we just sent you? This would help us to troubleshoot the issue and find a fix faster for you.

how to get system log?