Battery time

I want to switch to this system from Windows 11. I am very interested in the autonomy on this system, I just read reviews that indicated a short operating time

Battery time is a variable.
I like upfront honesty so I will simply state that Windows OS has the upper hand on battery efficiency. They are a multi-trillion dollar company with lots of development.

However, this does not mean that GnuLinux or Zorin OS are unable to keep up, either.
If battery life is a concern, I recommend using Zorin OS Lite. Reducing the background processes and resource usage of the desktop is a huge step toward conserving battery and the Zorin OS Lite desktop offers this right out of the box.

Install TLP onto the computer. It does not necessarily launcha s an application but instead helps manage power usage in the background to extend battery life.

1 Like

This is difficult to quantify, as depends on individual system, battery and useage.
May I suggest you test for yourself by installing ZorinOS alongside Win11 as a dual-boot. Then you can run ZorinOS yourself whilst keeping Win11 intact if you discover ZorinOS battery use not good.
If you have not yet installed ZorinOS, I will point you to this pre-installation advice that may be helpful. Before you install

Useful article by Chris Titus here:

Plus Spatry video on Jupiter:

Chris Titus video:

Plus this one but don't use 'dnf' command - this is for fedora - use apt-get install instead: