Beautify your Zorin Pro/Core 16/17

You're looking for some fancy things for Gnome? Look no further.

jelly Mode

The easiest one to enable is Jelly Mode which comes default with Zorin OS. Simple go to Zorin Appearance --> Interface --> JellyMode

Magic/Fire Mode

First ensure that you have the tool to use extra extensions on Gnome. Open the terminal;

sudo apt install gnome-shell-extension-prefs

Next go to: Burn My Windows - GNOME Shell Extensions
and enable Burn My Windows extension. Make sure you have added gnome extension addon to your browser to do so.
Lastly open the Extension app (you'll find it in your menu) to tweak the effects.

Transparent Window Moving (Zorin OS 17)

You want your moving windows transparent while moving them?

Get the extension here: Transparent Window Moving - GNOME Shell Extensions

Blur The Desktop (Zorin OS 17)

You can blur your Desktop or make it transparent by this extension: Blur my Shell - GNOME Shell Extensions

Enjoy!

Do you have any tips/tricks to enhance Gnome, let me know so I can add it.

23 Likes

Ooooo, I like it so much! :heart_eyes:

I am already using Jelly Mode with Zorin OS, cause like you said, it came with it.

But I like those party effects for bringing the window up and closing it too. So I want that, I am gonna have to get that. Anything to improve my I Little Pony experience, to make it even more amazing, I am going to do.

Extension, ready or not, here I come. :grin:

3 Likes

Magic for the desktop :wink:

1 Like

Not just a "one trick pony" :laughing:

2 Likes

Don't beat a dead pony :stuck_out_tongue:

You two shouldn't be horsing around.

7 Likes

Sir, Yes Sir. I will comply. :wink:

Magic eh!
If you can do Magic, then you are qualified to help solve some illogical sound issues we get on here.

2 Likes

Friendship is magic :sparkles:

2 Likes

Me no nothing...

1 Like

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DisloyalUnlinedBluetickcoonhound-size_restricted.gif

:rofl:

3 Likes

Awesome

I saw these. This may help a lot of people with customizing Gnome. Especially new users. I know it got me interested in making some positive changes..lol

3 Likes

Also found this, helps people see what else is out there. Gotta dig the Gnome Circle. Great way to incorporate partnerships and new ideas..

https://apps.gnome.org/

1 Like

@Storm How can I make my desktop look like that My Little Pony thing?

..Asking for a friend :smiley:

1 Like
4 Likes

Icon theme works but it doesn't detect the shell or application theme for whatever reason

Make sure that the theme isn't "double folder'd".

1 Like

My Desktop

2 Likes