Bluetooth speaker not working

Yep, sorry to say but for me good old Zorin always connects every bluetooth device I use (at my home that is) just perfect.

But I have problems connecting them with OS's that use blueman (MX linux for example).

Got the JBL tws225 since sept 2021 as a presence from my children, connected out of the box with Zorins bluetoooth.

OK, you need to remove blueman @hrishi
sudo apt-get --purge remove blueman

No other devices connected except for my laptop.

1 Like

Which Bluetooth module do you have?
Can you issue this command and paste the output?
lspci

1 Like

Thanks.
Somehow I missed that.

I checked the chipset.

It is certain that it works with Bluetooth 5.0 standard.

At least you are not the only one having a issue with this chipset in Linux.
https://developer.qualcomm.com/comment/18415

The only other option I can think of is getting USB Bluetooth dongle. I have one with CSR (Cambridge Silicon Radio) chipset which works very well in Linux.

So that;s it than no other way to work it out with the existing in-built adapter. :frowning:

I have to ask @dasjdoom
but this is the USB Bluetooth dongle I use:

It works OOB in Linux and I never experienced any connection issue .

1 Like

I read from the previous messages that it's just the sound problem, because the speaker connects. But are you sure that it's connects because a millisecond doesn't say much.

Perhaps it's a driver or adapter thing that isn't (yet) available in Zorin for your speaker.

Might it connect and not produce any sound, then I would say try it like FrenchPress advises use a Bluetooth dongle. Those don't cost much these days. It would be sad not to be able to use your speaker with the PC/ZorinOS. But now we know that bluetooth 5.0 is not the problem.

2 Likes

Just checked my purchase history. Those price does not stick to my mind. Less than 9 Euro for sure.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.