Blurry ONLYOFFICE from flathub

Basic info:
PRETTY_NAME="Zorin OS 18.1"
VERSION="18.1"
Kernel: 7.0.0-38-generic
XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland
XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=zorin:GNOME
WAYLAND_DISPLAY=wayland-0
GNOME Shell 46.0
['x11-randr-fractional-scaling', 'scale-monitor-framebuffer']
uint32 0
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation UHD Graphics 620 (rev 07)
01:00.0 3D controller: NVIDIA Corporation GM108M [GeForce 940MX] (rev a2)
OpenGL vendor string: Intel
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 (KBL GT2)
OpenGL version string: 4.6 (Compatibility Profile) Mesa 25.2.8-0ubuntu0.24.04.2
Flatpak 1.14.6

Hi,

I have a problem with ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors installed from Flathub. The interface and text look blurry, as if they were being rendered at a lower resolution and then scaled up.

I am using GNOME with Wayland and fractional scaling set to 125%.

LibreOffice looks perfectly sharp with the same system settings, but I would like to switch to ONLYOFFICE.

I have already tried the following:

  1. QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland
  2. QT_QPA_PLATFORM=xcb
  3. QT_SCALE_FACTOR=1.25
  4. --force-scale=1

Unfortunately, none of these solutions fixed the blurry rendering. QT_SCALE_FACTOR=1.25 also caused the application to be scaled incorrectly.

I would really appreciate any help or suggestions on how to make ONLYOFFICE render sharply while keeping GNOME fractional scaling at 125%.

Thank you in advance for your help!

You could try it with switching to Xorg. To do that, go to the Login Screen. Click there on Your Profile so that the Password Field appears. When it is appeared, You should see in the bottom right Corner a Gear Icon. Click on it and choose the Option ''Zorin Desktop on Xorg'' and then log in.

I’ve tried using Xorg on my laptop, but unfortunately it causes even more issues for me than Wayland.

Xorg doesn’t handle fractional scaling very well, and increasing the HiDPI scaling doesn’t give me the result I need. I also have significant issues with the NVIDIA drivers under Xorg. In addition, hardware acceleration in browsers doesn’t work properly for me, among other issues.

So, unfortunately, switching to Xorg isn’t really a viable solution in my case. I simply experience more problems with Xorg than with Wayland, which is why I prefer to stay with Wayland.

I just checked and see that OnlyOffice is a Chromium based application - it might be this issue that is causing the problem; WebKit update:

1 Like