Boot time Zorin OS vs Pop! OS

I have bad experience with w10 and so on - my pc is to old for 10 or 11.
When I saw a software talking to me what I can and what I can't do that. Then some children windows operating system don't tell me adult and learning what i can and what i can't do that.
With linux i have good experience. POP OS is on Ubuntu but MX Linux is on Debian.
The one what I can sayed POP OS is diffrent from another linux distributions. @Michel wrote trying Mint but I saw him and Mint not evolve. I really tested many distributions.
ZorinGroup could creating two type groups operative systems. First with generation and politics to "near a windows" with some gui interface. Could be also second type with "fresh linux" - without many beautifull things.
ZorinGroup could gived a clients a choose design near a windows for newbie users or linux Zorin for people who can using only linux.

I dont because Pop! OS has much better boot time then zorin has. Also Pop! OS feels more stable for me. Zorin is stable too, but not as stable as Pop! OS

In my mind with thousand distributions people searching always something new. POP OS they have a team more people. In Zorin we have only two brothers. That makes diffrents. Diffrents people many ideas and designs. Zorin created good job because version 16 working without problems on my PC.
POP OS is like a skeleton shell Linux that what gived people chance to more configurable and probably that why is faster.
POP OS is young but they have:

• A) a diverse team of creators, makers, and builders
  • B) a small company innovating the next big things
  • C) a group of extremely hard-core nerds
    I don't know how looking a side a ZorinGroup propably is near the same.
    Zorin is more years.
    POP OS shortly time but very diffrent.

You clearly didn't test pop os, Zorin has a app that can change the looks to windows / apple. You really think this can't be done in pop os ? it's not a empty skeleton. Also Pop! OS does not install to much pre-installed apps out of the box. Zorin OS does unless you untick the extra's in the setup. Pop! OS has a upgrade/restore feature, where is it in Zorin ??? i would have expected this in the Pro version.

Back to the original thread:
The boot time in zorin should be fixed, play both movies at once here on the forum. Pop! OS is installed on the same SSD drive as Zorin was.

Zorin OS 16:

Pop! OS 21.04:

If someone fully uses POP OS, they will understand my statement, like Michel does...

I Have Spoken

1 Like

I am agree with that if someone from you remember what I wrote and I always tried remember some dialogs example @StarTreker @Michel and another people in forum chat Zorin. Then you noticed i tried POP OS but i have some problems.
That why I am staying on Zorin.
Maybe in future i will trying POP OS.

You had hardware issues and tried other distro's, you can't compair when you have hardware issues. It's good you found a good working distro for you, but Pop! OS is for me the best. I tried Zorin for a month, liked it. @StarTreker asked/told me to give Pop! OS a try on my machine, i did so and now i am not turning back.

And just for a quick clarification. I just want to make sure people know, that I never said that POP OS was better then Zorin OS. I've always said that I love POP OS as much as I love Zorin OS.

And furthermore, I've also gone to say in the past, in regards to our discussion about DistroWatch, then if the world was fair, Zorin OS and POP OS would be equally tied for 1rst place, number 1 in the list.

Both of these comments state the same thing. I think they are both the best Linux OS's that are available right now. What makes Zorin OS stand out a bit more is the multitude of layouts available to you when you have PRO.

And what makes POP OS stand out, are things like being already fully game ready, and the OS Upgrade funcitonality, as well as, having a updatable recovery partition.

Neither OS's are bad, both are amazing. Now, yes, its true, Zorin OS is getting more foot traffic from new Linux users, but thats because new users do their research, and learn that Zorin OS is great for beginners coming from Windows.

And thats no lie at all, that is perfectly 100% true, and I do not disagree with that at all. But for those who have used Linux for a bit, and would prefer more of a gaming centric OS, POP OS is the perfect flavor.

But even Zorin OS will do gaming for you as well, but it might takes some modifications to get things exactly how you want them to be.

Zorin OS really does have a cool layout system though, plus they have their Zorin connect, and soon, when they get it done that is, Zorin GRID.

But Michel is also correct, just like any other Linux distro, if you spend enough time on it that is, you can always customise it. Heck, thats what Aravisian does with his XFCE, he's got some delicious Cinnamon flavor going on with that, and he's got his themed everyway to sunday.

And if anyone is going to be truly honest about Linux for beginners and gamers, people should only be saying two distro's. Zorin OS or POP OS. Cause thats the truth at the end of the day.

I have spoken

Nice review @StarTreker i will in future keep eyes on POP OS.
POP 0S 21.04 support only 2 years?
Zorin is 5 Years but two on distribution Ubuntu.

@Bourne: Desktop Environment (Change) - System76 Support

1 Like

@Aravisian @StarTreker

Zorin Os 16 is using grub, is it possible to replace it with systemd-boot bootloader ? Because i think that is why zorin boot time is longer.

Yes, it is, but a bit too involved for me to type out at the moment. Let me find a guide.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.