Camera Sounds - Zorin OS Lite

This post is gonna be a repeat of this thread ......

Except in is now occurring on Zorin Lite using Xfce ..... I tried a bunch of different combo's ..... but didn't install any as I know dconf-editor can really screw things up in your OS .....

The biggest problem I have is not being able to find Xfce listed under Gnome desktops ...... this is as close as I can get ..... I changed the Input-sounds to False but it made no difference .... please see photo below for the path I used .....

Are you trying to enable the Screenshot Shutter sound in XFCE?

1 Like

Yes I am just like we did with Cinnamon .....

I am actually not very sure on this - or if it can be done.

First, launch pavucontrol and ensure that System Sounds is set to max (100%) volume.
In app menu, search Settings Editor
Launch it and go to the bottom in the left pane to xsettings
In the right pane, look at net
Click the checkbox to enable EnableEventSounds and
EnableInputFeedbackSounds
For SoundThemeName click on the value field and enter in

freedesktop

Log out - in and test...

1 Like

OK it'll take me a bit to find all that stuff as I'm very new to Zorin Lite operation ..... maybe tomorrow before I get it solved using your instructions ....

Thank you ..... don't wait up ..... :laughing:

I just tested this and it Does Work - with Gnome-Screenshot, not with xfce4-screenshooter.
So... After doing the above steps, install gnome-screenshot

sudo apt install gnome-screenshot

Set Gnome Screenshot as your default screenshot tool and... you should be good to go.

1 Like

Screenshot is what I'm using .... Screenshooter doesn't appear to be even loaded at least not in the Main Menu ....

Screenshooter shows as Screenshot in the menu. :expressionless:

Set Gnome Screenshot as default or double check launch by typing gnome-screenshot in the app menu to isolate and launch it.

1 Like

Obviously I have done something wrong as it worked for you .... I tried to follow your instructions listed here ..... I also tried to delete Shooter and just keep Shot but it that didn't work it has to to have Shooter installed also .....

Here is what I did ..... copied from our posts above ......

First, launch pavucontrol and ensure that System Sounds is set to max (100%) volume.
In app menu, search Settings Editor
Launch it and go to the bottom in the left pane to xsettings
In the right pane, look at net
Click the checkbox to enable EnableEventSounds and
EnableInputFeedbackSounds
For SoundThemeName click on the value field and enter in

freedesktop

Log out - in and test...

After restarting I did this .....

So... After doing the above steps, install gnome-screenshot

sudo apt install gnome-screenshot

Set Gnome Screenshot as your default screenshot tool and... you should be good to go.

Screenshooter shows as Screenshot in the menu. :expressionless:

Set Gnome Screenshot as default or double check launch by typing gnome-screenshot in the app menu to isolate and launch it.

When I typed or rather copied 'gnome-screenshot' in the main menu box at the bottom I do get the icon and 'Run gnome-Screenshot' .... if I click on it I get the flash and shutter sound ..... but I have to copy and paste it into the box each time .....

If I use my normal 'fn/tab' keys short cut I get 'Shooter' back ..... also if I press 'Print' I get 'Shooter' ......

I've been working on this all morning trying to get this to work ...... but I must be missing something or not doing something I should ..... sorry .....

Had to use my cell as 'Print' didn't work for this last photo ....

Open Settings > Keyboard > Application Shortcuts

Scroll down to xfce4-screenshooter and click it to select it. Now click the edit button on the bottom toolbar. In the popover dialog, replace xfce4-screenshooter with gnome-screenshot.
Click ok

1 Like

Guess I should have made a new thread as that worked fantastically ..... thank you for solving my problem with installing 'gnome-screenshot' and how to map it to different shortcut keys ..... I have made a folder for Xfce as I did for Cinnamon to help me remember how to install camera shutter sounds so when Zorin 17 Lite Pro comes out I won't need to bother you or anyone else again .....

I've said it before and I'll say it again ..... I hope you never leave this board ...... not to take away from anyone else here ...... we have a lot of talented folks here and many have their own field of expertise but you seem to have more than your share ....

One quick question when searching on the web mostly in Ubuntu ....... do I search for Xfce4 to search for solutions to problems or info on Zorin Lite DE ....... or just Xfce ..... are they the same ????? ......

The direct upgrade now exists, so you may not need to.:wink:

You can search for XFCE as it simply is the most common term and will produce the common hits.
Be sure to pay attention to Toz's posts on the XFCE forum as he is very knowledgeable and helpful.

1 Like

Thank you for helping me to remember that ...... :clap:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.