Can you repair installation Zorin?

Hello. I have question. Can you repair installation from pendrive?
I mean If I have installed a Zorin on hard disk.
Here what I have.

Do I need reinstall full system or upgrade to stable kernel 5.15.3
I know kernel with 15.1 is unstable with 15.2 are stable.
Linus Torvalds has just released version 5.13 of the Linux kernel - after just seven rc releases. The Finnish programmer wrote that everything has been going smoothly lately and he sees no reason to delay the release of the latest Linux anymore. Moreover, Torvalds stated that 5.13 is a fairly large version - over 16,000 commits have been added and over 2,000 devs were involved in development.
Awesome low using RAM.

Kernel upgrades were addressed on a previous thread. If you think your system would benefit you can try , but remember to backup first. I'm not sure if Zorin follows Ubuntu when it comes to kernel upgrades on on LTS releases.

2 Likes

Try on virtualbox. Kernel 5.15.4 is LTS

“Note, this is the LAST 5.14.y kernel release. It is now end-of-life. Please move to the 5.15.y kernel branch at this point in time,” said Greg Kroah-Hartman in a mailing list announcement.

The good news, however, is that you’ll be upgrading to the recently released Linux 5.15 kernel, which is an LTS (Long-Term Support) series supported for at least a couple of years, until Octomber 2023.

EOL, but still patched and supported on the operating systems that use those kernels.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.