Can't login to my computer

I do have a pendrive

I mean if you have a pendrive and some a second hardware pc with internet then you can download live iso linux and install that on pendrive.

@Levi ,
This forum seeks to be a welcoming and helpful place where all users can benefit from each others experiences and knowledge.

There are times where the lines can become blurred, between being helpful and being a hinder to solving an issue.
You certainly need to access and save/backup/restore your personal files.

Sometimes thing go wrong for good people. It does not always take a poor choice or a mistake for misfortune to strike anyone.
However, for the integrity of this forum, as we seek to be helpful and give benefit of the doubt, it can become problematic to help a person to access files to which their password does not work on a machine that they do not own.

Assuredly, you have a lot of trust within your company as they have entrusted this machine to you. Is it an option to seek help from your company I.T. dept. to salvage your files and get the machine back up to working order?
It may be that with their familiarity, they can be more helpful than a forums guesswork done at a distance.

I don't think I understand what you are trying to say.
It's my personal laptop and I'm in a problem. As a human being I feel like doing everything possible to secure my files as long as it's legit and I don't see any wrong in this!

1 Like

He trying to say everybody trying to help you with best options but we don't know what you have tools to backup your files.
With all this dialog i understable you want back all your files.
The solutions what we gived you no lucky.
That why @Aravisian gived to you a solution your laptop manufactured produce or some service who can help you back your all data files or repair problem with your password. Propably you can also find some another websides with that issue or discord channels.
Propably people here have more experience with help you back your password.

@Levi , I am sorry : I confused your posted issue with a different one:

Sorry about the mixup.

1 Like

Maybe this some help?

Can you boot a LiveUSB on that same machine, then access the drive and files from the interface of the LiveUSB?

I asked before that question up.
On Ubuntu 22.04, it does not seem possible to simply hit return followed by "continue." When I press enter on the screen where I'm being asked for the password, I see, "original password was incorrect." It does not automagically drop the password.
Read the article! You must delete the old keyring first.

How to do that live USB thing?

How to do that live linux USB thing.
I was busy for my exams and I still have the laptop, if the stuffs there weren't so important to me than I would have already installed another OS, but I have my own reasons to not do so.
So, can I create the live linux USB

This describes how to download, flash a USB and use that to boot from the usb. The same process applies to any other distribution.

NOTE: the usb will be erased entirely so make sure you don't have anything important on that, either.

I asked for creating live Linux USB to access and copy my important files from it before formatting and installing other OS

Yes, that's what that article walks you through. You still need an additional media to copy your files to, though.

How many data you need save from format?
I using a big pendrive or external hard disk.
I learning daily data files creating backup on another hardisk or something.
Second I learning some commands from tutorial can wipe or clear all your files when working on linux.
That why first doing that on second machine could sayed "test machine" - will don't cried if something died.
Some data could be also record on dvd.
Many options what you can choose.

Yeah I got two USB drives to do so

Great, then you can use one of them to create a live USB with ZorinOS in it and boot from there. You will have access to your files, though you might have to navigate to them from the "Other Locations" inside the file explorer. But you can also enter /home/Levi (assuming your username in that system is called Levi) on the file explorer to see them.

Copy the files that you want to recover onto the second usb drive, and once you are sure you have those copied you can go ahead and install ZorinOS. There should be a desktop shortcut with the option to install it.

For avoidance of doubt, you will be using the Live USB in "Try ZorinOS" mode just to copy off your files, not attempting to install ZorinOS at this time.

2 Likes

I have created live Linux using USB but now I can't copy my files to another USB as it says that I do not have the permissions to read the files!

In the Live USB Zorin OS, open terminal
Run sudo -i
tap enter at the password screen
launch nautilus from that open terminal

nautilus

navigate to your file locations and try to move them.