Changing cursor

I have been trying for quite a while now to get a windows 10 cursor theme on Zorin OS Core and I can’t figure it out. If anyone knows how, I would love some help.

Are you referring to a theme like this X11 cursor theme?

To install it, extract the .tar.gz to ~/.icons.
If the .icons folder does not exist in your home folder, you can just right click and create new folder, name it

.icons

then extract the .tar.gz into it.

You may want gnome tweak tool

sudo apt-get install gnome-tweaks

Open gnome tweak tool and then select the Mouse / Touchpad option on the let ( I do not use Gnome or the Tweak tool, so that tab name may not be 100% accurate, but you get the idea).
From there you can select the cursor.

Thank you so much! Only there is one problem. When I download the file, it is a .zip not a .tar.gz. I can still extract it to .icons, but it doesn’t show up in gnome tweaks. Is there a way to fix this?

Can you please post a link to the cursor?

Oh, I just used the link that you posted.

Ok, I just looked at it that actual download page (Which… lol… I did not do before…)
.zip or .tar should make no difference- as long as you extract it to the right place. BUT, I see it is missing the index.theme file.

I searched the downloads for alternatives- This one is labeled the same and has the proper format- But is black instead of white:

The same themer provides a win7 in white that looks very similar to me- but … I dunno…
1 Like

Thank you so much! You were a huge help. :smile: