Desktop Icons Keep Moving After Logging In

I've been reading up on a few other forum posts on this issue, but I can't seem to find the right solution. The problem is that whenever I log back into Zorin when it goes to sleep, my desktop icons get disarranged. I tried using the "Keep Arranged" setting in the right click menu, but that just scrambles the icons from the position that I placed them in manually. Does anyone know of a way to keep the icons in position, specifically in the position that I choose to arrange them?

Do You use Wayland or Xorg? Maybe switch from one to the other and try it then again. To switch go to the Login Screen. Click on your Profile so that the Password Field apears. It must be appeared. Then you should see a Gear Icon in the bottom right Corner. Click on it and You should see two Options:

• Zorin Desktop (that is the Wayland Option)
  • Zorin Desktop on Xorg

Which Option is active, you can see at the Dot Marker.

1 Like

I appreciate the feedback, but I did manage to finally get it to work. I ended up positioning the icons the way that I like, and then reset my computer. For some reason that seemed to fix the problem (at least for now).

1 Like