Difference Between 'Try Zorin' & 'Install Zorin'?

While this is a very oft repeated phrase, its not entirely accurate - yes death is 'guaranteed', but taxes are a man made invention - plenty of which can be avoided :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

1 Like

Not it America...but I'll give you that one. LOL

The 'poor' pay no taxes (other than inflation $ucking them dry). Learned to live 'legal poverty' style years back!

[PS the folk in Canada and all 'americas' south of U$$A border could take exception with claiming that title???

1 Like

Lets not forget the Lottery - the 'voluntary' tax on both the poor & working class.

Not for spoiling the party, but the 'brand new generation' of laptops or notebooks have persistent files for and from W 11. I read an article along the line that Windows is more and more evolving to unique limited W hardware only. A lot has to do with the new generations of NVMe's ..... So, it just might be that an install of any Linux is warranted on the 'next generation' hardware. I lost the link of that article and the site that shares it. But maybe you'll have to keep it in mind as well. (BIOS-burn, TPM 2.0 -limits, and motherboard restrictions -- if I recall well)

If Zorin OS is truly free & open source, then it should work on just about any hard drive or computer device - no matter how new or old it is...

A fine is a tax on doing bad while a tax is a fine for doing good.

You have to remember that whilst GNU/Linux is Free Software and covered under Copy Left GPL, Hardware isn't and if M$ can't get hardware manufacturer's to play ball, then they have two options - refuse to provide the Windows OS to the manufacturer (Yay! I can hear you all cry) or increase the premium of having Windows present on the hardware (OEM licence fee). The best story I ever read in a Linux Magazine was a guy from Oz who successfully sued Toshiba for failing to supply hardware without Windows being installed!

Well even if MS does not provide Windows OS to a computer manufacturer, how exactly would that affect a Linux user anyways?

Computer manufacturers don't want to struggle compiling hardware for GNU/Linux. If you want to ensure you have a machine that runs GNU/Linux it is best to either pay a premium to a dedicated purveyor of GNU/Linux hardware or if Desktop, build your own which would be cheaper depending on configuration.

Try Zorin - Boots you into a live desktop environment that you can play around to test your hardware and see if you like the operating system

Install Zorin - does exactly that installs the operating system to disc either alongside a operating system or wiping the whole disc depending on user settings

1 Like

I'm having issues with the right click options, it was working ok while I was trying out Zorin but not after installing it as my OS.

What can I do to resolve this issue?

Did you do all the pre-installation checks suggested here:

2 Likes

I already done all this but still its not working...

As you have Core (Gnome), if you mean right click options under Files (Nautilus), then I wonder if anything here may help you: "New File" gone from right click menu

I've decided to replace Gnome with KDE as it is more customisable but have you tried Zorin with KDE as a DE?

I have been running it with KDE for over a year. It's responsive and less a memory hog than gnome.

I have installed it too but how customizable is the login screen compared with Gnome on Zorin?

An alternative to cloning & wiping the HD is to try/install Zorin to a separate HD. I have a 110 GB SSD installed; if there's a problem, it can be reformatted and the process retried.

Fortunately I am still using Win7 (non-UEFI).

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.