Do games run well on Zorin OS?

Als je het spel op steam gekocht hebt heb jij alleen steam nodig, die regelt de rest.

Steam -> spel installeren en als het goed is regelt steam ook de proton en steamworks installatie.

Installeer jij toevallig het spel op een ntfs partitie ? Dat deed ik in het verleden ook en er was 1 spel die weigerde op te starten. Heb die spel toen op een linux partitie gezet en het probleem was weg.
If you bought the game on steam you only need steam, it will take care of the rest.

Steam -> install game and if all goes well, steam will also take care of the proton and steamworks installation.

Do you install the game on an ntfs partition? I did that in the past and there was 1 game that refused to start. I moved the game to a linux partition and the problem went away.

Inhoud: FAT (32-bit version) — Gekoppeld aan /boot/efi
Partitietype: EFI System

Ik heb gewoon de basisinstallatie van LInux uitgevoerd. Ik neem aan van niet.

Okey, you have a few options

1. Reinstall the entire game
  2. Select a different proton
  3. Make sure the registery of the game has the correct path location

Because the game cant find the exe file i think it has something to do with the registery

Will do that tomorrow and will keep you updated. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Bought on steam and have only this.
Fix frame rate issue with protontricks 22330 quartz
Where i can find that?

Try your own flatpak plugins @Bourne :woozy_face:

Don't worry if I find solution i will be happy. :slight_smile:

Working :slight_smile:

But how!!!??? Could you please make a summery of what you did?

I advice a Zorin channel on Discord. I used a guide from proton.db

The guide about the regedit on Protondb? What do you mean with Zorin channel on Discord?

Goodday... I still did not achrieved a working Oblivion because he still can't find the executable. Like you said it's something in the registry. What is the path that I should use? On one site I read that the path should be "Z:\home\username\ect..." and on a other site I should use "/home/username/ect..."

Yeah but that one didn't work for me...althought I could use the launcher but recieved a error that it could'n find the executable.

The problem is steam is not installed the same place what Obvilion.
err
This error?
This is a common problem for steam games, see Application load error 5:0000065434. The short version is Oblivion.exe is locked by Steam and won't run without Steam.exe. This problem is especially apparent if you installed Steam and Oblivion on different drives; you have a couple solutions:

When I press "play" I recieving an error that said that it can't find the executable. When I browse to the executable I recieve indeed that error.

But this is a solution for Windows and not Linux. How should I translate this to Linux?

Cannot find executable because you put wrong path installation your game. I don't know what you changing. @Michel is more smarter from me i don't know what he told you.

Does it sounds that I have to change the standard installationfolder of the games?

The problem the file Obvilion.exe isn't the same place what steam.exe that means when you trying start Obvilion.exe or Launcher cannot find steam.exe
I don't know if your installation going from steam gog or dvd.

I use the Steam installation but don't know what to do so Oblivion can find the steam.exe.

Balders gate is working because it's native but I wonder what it does differently than with an installation like Oblivion

Go with guide what was first photo. Then go to terminal and
You can type the following command in the Command Prompt window and then you should press the Enter key from the keyboard.

cd “<GameFolder>”

mklink “steam.exe” “<SteamFolder>\steam.exe”

Here i have drive C
~/.steam/root/steamapps/compatdata/22330/pfx/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Steam$

And you also using Wine?