Dual monitor

Im using a laptop aswell

I cannot go higher than 120Hz Nvidia driver 510

You may need to try doing it manually...
In terminal please run

xrandr

Note your Device ID. FOr example, if using HDMI connection, it may show as HDMI1. Grab your Screen resolution, as well.
Adjust this terminal command for xrandr, replacing the resolution and monitor ID to match yours:

xrandr --output HDMI-1 --mode 1920x1080 --rate 144.00

It did not work

it said output HDMI-1 failed ignoring

Are you using port HDMI1?
If so, try

xrandr --output HDMI1 --mode 1920x1080 --rate 144.00

It still did not work

It had same result

Also how do i use a flashdrive for extra storage

You have not yet answered as to your Computer Make and model nor what version of Zorin OS you are using.

These details are important... For example, troubleshooting your machines HDMI or... IF you are using Zorin Core, you would next look at troubleshooting GDM. IF you are using Zorin Lite, you would look at troubleshooting LightDM.
LightDM and GDM are both Display Managers.

I have an acer nitro 5 and im using Zorin OS 16.1 Core

and i need usb stick help

Just a suggestion .... try fixing one problem at a time other wise it can get very confusing for everyone involved ..... after you get your monitor fixed you can open another thread for you USB problem .....

2 Likes

Can you please run:

sudo dpkg-reconfigure gdm3

Follow the prompts.
If that fails, please try using a Different Nvidia Driver, including testing the Nouveua Open Source driver.
If none of the above works, it may not be a driver issue... Check the HDMI cable and port. Some HDMI cables are one-way and must be plugged in correctly - so try reversing the cable direction.
Or if able, try a different HDMI Cable.

1 Like

I Still need the Following Information :-

But, For Now Try These,

For Dell Powered PC's

So is it because it is an unsupported monitor or something that i can fix if that does not work?

A post was split to a new topic: How access plugged in USB stick

@Flossyfish
Please stick to One topic at a time.
Please provide answers to the questions we have asked. Help us to help you.

I have seen no information that suggests that the monitor is unsupported at this time.

1 Like

Ok i cant try im at school

It works

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.