Dynamic Wallpapers for Zorin 16

Since we have the possibility to use dynamic wallpapers, I was wondering who else has created some for his/her Zorin installation.

I followed a tutorial to create the Mac Mojave desert background from a series of 16 images and am trying to do the same for other image packs found on this site. Here you can download the *.heic files and open them with GIMP to extract the single pictures. I'd love to find a solution to automate that process at some point.

Anyway, please feel free to share your creations/adaptations. Mine can be downloaded here. It contains a README file to guide you through the 3 steps to make it work on your system.

2 Likes

If you want live wallpaper I wrote a guide about it: [HOW TO] Live Wallpaper on Zorin 16

Here's how Zorin OS can look like:

3 Likes

Thanks! Those are gorgeous! I should have clarified that I was talking about wallpapers that adjust to the time of day by being lighter or darker. So they are dynamic but over a course of 24 hours :smiley:

Like the default Zorin 16 background image with the mountain.

And I thought this might be a nice place to share all the images, so we have a little library without having to create them all by ourselves.

1 Like

Dynamic wallpaper is nice.
Does it take some extra RAM or slower the system ?

2 Likes

A few bytes of a script that runs more in the background, most of which should account for the size of the wallpaper.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.