Failed to install zorin os

after I boot and choose install zorin os this always appears and continues so,help me bro,im newbie to linux,Your help will be very useful.

1 Like

It looks like you are losing the connection to USB.
@Aravisian @Kedric @StarTreker any idea?

2 Likes

I've tried but the results are the same bro.

1 Like

I think it's been connected properly.

Make sure it is not using any USB hub.

2 Likes

i use belena etcher on window 7

OMG Nooooooooooooooooooo

3 Likes

im sure.

You mean he might have killed USB stick like many of us here?
We should create a new thread titled "Belena Etcher causalities Unite!" :wink:

4 Likes

what happen bro? is this bad? :joy:

2 Likes

Balena Etcher is evil!

I am trying to spread the gospal here, I am not kidding, I am not joking, I am seriously, Balena Etcher is the worse ISO burner in the world. It destroys USB sticks. I think its more of a virus then anything else, but thats a matter of opinion, cause it acts like one. Obviously its not an actual virus. But like I said, acts like it when it destroys your stuff.

You better hope that the USB stick hasn't been completely destroyed. What I want you to do, is to format that USB stick EXT4. After format, I need you to download and install Popsicle. It comes from our boys at System76, but its in the repo, should be able to find it in the software center.

I want you to burn the ISO using Popsicle. Also, make sure you check the HASH against the 256 checksum to insure ISO integrity.

4 Likes

And here is the procedure for exorcism :wink:

Actually I started to wonder if Belena is receiving any financial support from USB memory manufacturers :crazy_face:

2 Likes

When I finished burning it with belena, the usb size became small from 15 gb to 4mb is that normal?

1 Like

That is absolutely normal.
It only creates a partition large enough for the requirement by the installer.

2 Likes

2 Likes

i will try it bro,thanks.I'll tell you again if the same thing happens.

2 Likes

Thanks all, :grin: for helping me :wink:.

2 Likes

It has been created.
Please vent your dissatisfaction there and discuss a conspirational theory on the dark relationship between Belena and USB stick makers :crazy_face:

3 Likes

bro popsicle only for linux?

so the last option is to try with rufus :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It is correct,
Popsicle is Linux only and your best bet is Rufus in Windows.

3 Likes