[FIX] Bleachbit checkboxes covered by scrollbar

One of the things I have always noticed about Bleachbit is that it very annoyingly covers up the Checkboxes in the vertical gtk box on the left side. The scrollbar covers about 70% of the checkboxes (where you checkmark or uncheckmark the options you want to be cleaned.) It makes it very hard to check the boxes on or off.
I haven't used Bleachbit due to this annoyance... But as FrenchPress has praised it, I figured I would give it another chance.
And there was that annoyance, again.

So I navigated to the programs code and began looking for a solution. Logically, it would be in the GUI python script- and it was.
If you would like to fix this as well, navigate to /usr/share/bleachbit/bleachbit/GUI.py
Open it in your text editor (This method is easier than using VIM or Nano, but you can adapt to work in Nano if you like).
Hit ctrl+f to bring up search and search for

hbox = Gtk.Box(homogeneous=False)

Change that to true:

hbox = Gtk.Box(homogeneous=True)

Save and close it out. The next time you open Bleachbit,t he left side gtk box will have plenty of room to spare showing all the option checkboxes in full glory without them being covered up by the scrollbar (Scrollbar Overlay, or not.)

2 Likes

12 posts were split to a new topic: Discussion on bleachbit fix