Flatpak applications, notable those which have a panel status indicator (Like Telegram, Discord, or OBS Studio) all open new instances when installed and ran through flatpak, instead of focussing the already running instance
- Checking any settings for always opening new instances - nothing out-of-the-ordinary found
- running any given application with
flatpak runin a Terminal --- issue persists
- Checking online if anyone had similar issues --- no useful search results, tried multiple search engines
- Properly updating the System using
sudo apt dist-upgrade -y--- issue persists
- doing a fresh install of ZorinOS 16 Core from the
Revision 4ISO --- issue persists
- This issue existed in other distributions when it first happened a couple of months back, though those Distros had it fixed relatively quickly, whilst Zorin has this issue (for me) to this day
- I have not tried the Lite version to see if this issue is GNOME related.
Anyone here to shed some light on the situation?
is it just an outdated Flatpak build that ZorinOS is using?