Forum visual overhaul

I really love the visual overhaul the ZorinOS website got for Z16 release. The forum really could use a visual overhaul as well, making it more inline with the Z16 UI.
I will tag @zorink and @zorink to bring this to their attention.
I'm curious to know what others think of this as well.

3 Likes

What changes do you think should be made?

The forum landing page could really use some love. The Welcome to the forum banner is unnecessarily huge, and takes a lot of visual space.
I don't have specific issues with the forum... but some visual overhauling through css would be very nice. So that the colors are more in-line with the Zorin website and the OS itself. This forum currently uses a theme that was inline with Z15.

4 Likes

Also probably it would be a nice idea to make the forum posts take more horizontal space. I'm curious to know what other members think of this.

Actually, I'm moving this to the Lounge so that more people including @Aravisian could see this.

3 Likes

As a matter of fact, I would personally like to make some proof of concept changes and post screenshots here. But it really depends on how this idea is received by the community.

4 Likes

I was going to say to make some proof of concepts or mock ups.

4 Likes

Good idea. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Great!
So you are the one who will bell the cat
:cat:

3 Likes

Findus-Approve

3 Likes

Someone - who being the rat I am, I cannot remember - recently commented how much they like the new design of the Foum over the phbb. They said they liked the narrower window - I had stated some mild disagreement...

2 Likes

As a response to @337harvey's suggestion, we are now warped to the Chat area to have a wider participants to the discussion.

3 Likes

That's what I always thought.
But it never occurred to me that it is possible to make a change to that!
This is indeed an incredible community :smiley:

3 Likes

What I really like is how that over at Manjaro forum, which uses the same as Zorin OS have more to put into info regarding specs and OS/De etc.

3 Likes

When we first moved to this forum, I discussed the positives and negatives of this forum here.

To be honest, I didn't like the fact that we had to move at all, change is hard to deal with as a human species you know. But I made the best of it, and like starting a new class in school, I found my seat and sat down.

Its interesting how you brought it up MCP, because I too have noticed how huge the welcome message is, and I am going to have to agree with you that it should be smaller.

I also like your idea of bringing the forum to be in line with the rest of the Zorin site. Please do provide your concept art, and I will rate it in hearts if I like it. But if I don't like it, it will be instantly dematerialized, with my 2.21 jigawatt disruptor. Kidding! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I think the very large banner draws the eyes to a big huge Search The Forum First function.

I am not so sure about that.
As you pointed out in the other thread, we could place a warning with a neon-sign but people will still neglect it.

5 Likes

I agree it's too big. On a small screen the first thing you have to do is scroll past it to see what's new.

3 Likes

I'm happy to see the positive reception. I'll be working on some interactive demos and I'll post them here in the near future.

4 Likes

Then you shall dispatch them demo's with great dispatch. The suspense is killing me, I hope it will last. Ooooo eeeeee, most certainly, yes... :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Actually, the first thing I do is hit the Hamburger icon. But almost the same result.

1 Like