Getting WWAN 413c:81b6 to work

And after 2004, :paperclip: was hearby deleted.

And what most people didn't realize was, if they inserted the Office CDROM, there were more assistance on it, like the ROBOT :robot: for example. People thought they were stuck with Clippy for life. But that simply was not the case.

Side comment: Vodafone were/(are) total ***** when they provided me with an upgrade to my first mobile phone, losing connection to my employer when I was out in the field as a self-employed IT Contractor. And on another note Private Eye found that they had been telling lies when they weren't moving funds a round to avoid paying taxes in the UK - they have an 'accountant' based in Belgium who spends his day for a large salary moving Vodafone funds around to avoid paying taxes. Disgraceful company - would never deal with them again. Glad you got a cheaper and probably more secure device.

2 Likes

I actually repeatedly had to restrain myself from giving my sharp opinions of Vodafone in this thread. I think it was starting to show around the edges, though.

I lost count of how many times I backspaced a line out that mentions Vodafone on Linux.:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

:hammer: :bomb: :skull:
:scream:

1 Like

Believe it or not, i used to work for a German cable ISP called "Unitymedia". I quit my job there shortly after they where bought by Vodafone.

Vodafone is about the Middleclass here when it comes to Mobile Broadband, better service and speeds then Telefónica yet cheaper then Deutsche Telekom. I have a Cable contract and a mobile broadband contract with Vodafone, which makes both of them cheaper. I don't want to get rid of cable because i can still resolve most technical problems myself there and don't have to rely on hotlines and technicians. If i can't fix something myself i can still call in favors from old colleagues, which is worth alot :slight_smile:
And because i am therefore basically "stuck" with them for Cable, it makes sense to use combination rebates and use their mobile network aswell.

I get 1gbit/s down - 50mbit/s up for 45€ with a top-of-the-line modem on cable and 50mbit/s 25GB/month with 2 Simcards and a Galaxy S20 for another 50€/month. Really can't get that anywhere else here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.