God I hate to ask this worst than going to the dentist

OK thank you I deleted the image ... but the one with the check mark is the one I am using and it does have a password installed .... I deleted the 5gHz connection and reentered the name and password and it still does the same thing .... I also did the same with the 4.2gHz connection I tried using it but no luck ...

I can show the set up of the connections if you want .... also I have the funnel showing in my task bar ...

I am really hoping that we can help you figure this out, I am trying here buddy. I haven't given up yet. And you can repost that screenshot once the names are blurred or painted out by GIMP.

And yes you can share connections as long as any identifiable numbers or passwords are not shown.

1 Like

OK I know you are and I appreciate it .... I really didn't think there was anything wrong with showing the connections as I see hers all the time but of coarse not the passwords ...

Sorry I don't use Gimp .... tried it a couple of times years ago and hated it ... there were just to many bells and whistles and I'm just a simple man ... LOL

I'll check and see if I already have copies of those photos of my connection and post them after looking for a way to delete the name of the connection .... be right back ...

1 Like

Well don't know how to block out all the critical stuff so I'll have to tell you ....

Signal Strength ---- good
Link Speed ----- 866Mb/s (5.2GHz)
Security ---- WPA, WPA2
IPv4 .... xxxxxxxx ---- (it is connected)
IPv6 .... xxxxxxxx ---- (it is connected)
Hardware Address ---- xxxxxxxxxxxx
Supported Freq. ---- 2.4GHz/5GHz
Default Route ----- xxxxxxxxx
DNS ----- xxxxxxxx

X ---- Connected automatically
X ---- Make available to other users

Well, according to that, it looks like you are indeed connected, and you have a strong connection if your link speed is a solid 866MBPS.

I am starting to wonder if the issue is related to DNS connection issues. I am sure you have already thought of rebooting your internet modem and router by now. Do you know how to go into your router, and set it to connect to Googles DNS 8.8.8.8.

It is known to be reliable, and fast speeds. I don't know how to do it with your router specifically, but there should be a guide on the net on how to do it on your router. I am honestly thinking this might be a real DNS issue going on.

1 Like

Very good suggestions but I am typing this on the same computer same router .... same WiFi just a different OS ..... Win instead of Zorin .... so I would guess that the router settings would all remain the same ...

You are correct FROG. If your WIN installation can surf via the same router, then your router settings must be correct. I am grasping at straws here at this point.

Under your network connection details when you click the :gear: icon.

Make sure your IPV4 and IPV6 are set to automatic and SECURITY is OFF.

If your settings are set the same way. These are my wired based details connection. But they should still be a relevant section for WIFI based connections, cause its really for the internet.

If your settings are matching here, then the only thing I can think of, is that your WIFI libraries, or INTERNET based libraries files on your computer are missing. Or maybe your browser itself needs to be re-installed.

You know I've given that some thought .... in fact I was thinking of installing Opera before all this happened to use as a back up .... (I removed FireFox) so seeing as I can't get on the web with Zorin I'll download it to a thumb drive and load it that way ...

Hay .... anything is possible .... LOL

Well that didn't work so well as it went to 99% and I got this message .... now the image won't load says the file is to big can only load 1mb size file and wants me to load to the cloud ..... OMG

Well I've had enough for today .... I'm going to gather up my toys and go home .... see everyone tomorrow ... BYE

What happens if you run

sudo systemctl restart NetworkManager

1 Like

I have been trying to follow this thread since the beginning but I may have missed this. Since Frog's latest info shows he IS actually connected to his WiFi he should be able to connect to the Software Store shouldn't he since it does not depend on his browser to work? I hope that is right since I am still learning about Linux. If he can, then as you suggested he could download another browser and see if that solves his problem.

1 Like

Unfortunately that didn't work either ...

Well I've come to the realization that the only way out is to reinstall Zorin 16 Pro again as this doesn't make any sense to me at all .... how could I not have internet and can open any sites except this board and yet can't enter any post responses ... it is beyond me ...

I know it was something I did because if you folks remember I had Proton VPN installed once before and it worked but I uninstalled it .... so that wasn't the problem .... and as to google earth pro .... it didn't cause this problem so until someone else experiences these problems I would say it was something I did wrong ....

No I'm not beating myself up over it cause we all make mistakes .... I wish I could say lesson learned but as I don't know what I did wrong I can't ....

Anyway bright and early tomorrow morning I will copy all the files I can with out saving anything I think will be harmful to my new Zorn install ... see you guys later for I'm sure some new adventures .... at least this time I can get my partitions right ... LOL

Yes I tried that but I couldn't get into the store either for some reason .... but thanks for the thought ....

No, it's because one package manager is being used as root - you can't have more than one instance of 'root' being in control - which makes perfect sense! If you remember days using that other OS you would get the message "Please wait until the system has finished installing an application"! :wink:
At least you do get a message in Synaptic that you can't continue as another process is running - in the example I was helping a user with Kyocera scanner I was running GDebi package manager and Synaptic threw a wobbly - quite correctly! until I closed Gdebi down.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.