GParted won't start

Hello everyone. I installed Zorin Lite a couple of days ago and I can't get GParted to work.
The OS is installed in a partition along side a fake Windows 7 (I installed it manually with the /,/home, /swap, /boot and Efi partitions). I have installed and unistalled GParted several times but it won't start. I checked for it in the task administrator but the program inmediatly closes after opening it.
This is my first Linux distribution and I don't know what to do, please help.

2 Likes

This might work because I also had the gparted issue.

1 Like

Try starting it from the terminal and even if it closes there should be errors reported in the terminal output.Not a fix but it should give an indication of what's happening. sudo -H gparted

1 Like

And once you are ready to install Gparted, install with with dependencies using this command.

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt install -f gparted

I have install and uninstalled it several and it keeps showing the same message.

zorin@zorin-To-be-filled-by-O-E-M:~$ sudo -H gparted
Unit -.mount does not exist, proceeding anyway.
/usr/sbin/gpartedbin: error while loading shared libraries: libgtkmm-2.4.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
1 Like

It says that the libraries couldn't be found. I'm going to uninstall Zorin and try another system for the moment; this system has showed a lot of errors. Thanks for the help guys!

1 Like

This sounds like a faulty download resulting in a corrupted burn. I think I may send a message to the ZorinGroup about this, since you are not the only person to recently show some interesting things.
The ZorinGroup recently switched from SourceForge to a series of independent download mirrors.

EDIT: Message sent.

Yep, and this is why, when people say they are having loads of problems just after they installed the OS, the first question I ask everyone is, have you checked the SHA256 checksum for ISO integrity.

Because I know all too well, that a corrupted ISO, can do all sorts of wacky things, and thats if you can even get it installed! And regarding download, I've seen a couple people on here complaining about the download either going super slow, or not downloading at all.

1 Like

I reinstalled Zorin Lite in 64bit version and now it's running well. I didn't get to check the integrity of the ISO file. This time pretty much everything is running nicely, but I still have problems with Gparted. It opens and all but it won't let me create a partition or edit the disk. I'll take a look at the other entries on this same problem. Thanks for the help!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Marked solution. 138