GParted won't start

Hello everyone. I installed Zorin Lite a couple of days ago and I can't get GParted to work.
The OS is installed in a partition along side a fake Windows 7 (I installed it manually with the /,/home, /swap, /boot and Efi partitions). I have installed and unistalled GParted several times but it won't start. I checked for it in the task administrator but the program inmediatly closes after opening it.
This is my first Linux distribution and I don't know what to do, please help.

1 Like

This might work because I also had the gparted issue.

1 Like

Try starting it from the terminal and even if it closes there should be errors reported in the terminal output.Not a fix but it should give an indication of what's happening. sudo -H gparted

1 Like

And once you are ready to install Gparted, install with with dependencies using this command.

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt install -f gparted

I have install and uninstalled it several and it keeps showing the same message.

zorin@zorin-To-be-filled-by-O-E-M:~$ sudo -H gparted
Unit -.mount does not exist, proceeding anyway.
/usr/sbin/gpartedbin: error while loading shared libraries: libgtkmm-2.4.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
1 Like

It says that the libraries couldn't be found. I'm going to uninstall Zorin and try another system for the moment; this system has showed a lot of errors. Thanks for the help guys!

1 Like

This sounds like a faulty download resulting in a corrupted burn. I think I may send a message to the ZorinGroup about this, since you are not the only person to recently show some interesting things.
The ZorinGroup recently switched from SourceForge to a series of independent download mirrors.

EDIT: Message sent.

Yep, and this is why, when people say they are having loads of problems just after they installed the OS, the first question I ask everyone is, have you checked the SHA256 checksum for ISO integrity.

Because I know all too well, that a corrupted ISO, can do all sorts of wacky things, and thats if you can even get it installed! And regarding download, I've seen a couple people on here complaining about the download either going super slow, or not downloading at all.

1 Like

I reinstalled Zorin Lite in 64bit version and now it's running well. I didn't get to check the integrity of the ISO file. This time pretty much everything is running nicely, but I still have problems with Gparted. It opens and all but it won't let me create a partition or edit the disk. I'll take a look at the other entries on this same problem. Thanks for the help!