Graphic Issue

Hi, I have this issue for more than 6 months now can't figure what's the issue. I have a 1080Ti and most of the time it's going well but on some occasion I have transparency trough new windows of chrome or the video app but not with VLC. I fix it by resizing the windows.

Also can't screenshot because it's not capturing the issue.

I recommend that you use the Proprietary 460 Driver, not the Nouveau Driver, on the Nvidia 1080ti.

Hi Aravisian, just a small note: the 460 driver does not seem available in a Zorin OS 16.1 install. For me at least, the currently recommended and tested version is 510. But I did do a fresh install only a couple of weeks ago, so maybe that changed recently.

It should be installable with:

sudo apt install nvidia-driver-460

I was under 510 and tried 470. I will test 460 and see. Thanks

I've installed with sudo apt install nvidia-driver-460 and reboot and the solution does not show in the update pannel.

Ugh...

I guess I have to :slight_smile:

sudo dkms install nvidia/460.xxx -k x.x.x-xx-generic --force
sudo update-initramfs -u
reboot

right?

How do I find the versions?

Thanks

You can just run:
sudo dkms install nvidia-460 -f

sudo apt install nvidia-dkms-460

did not showed in the Software & Updates, presume by the outpu it's included in the 470 package, downgraded to 450-server.

Same issue

Starting to think this is not a nvidia driver problem but more a Zorin problem

Did I mentionned that eveything problem below can be fixed by resizing the window?

Thanks for the help btw

Yes, in another recent thread we discovered this...

It still sounds like Graphics to me, though.

Anyone knows what could I try? I'm still stuck can't figure what's the issue.

Thanks!

If it was me, I would try a different kernel.

sudo apt install linux-headers-5.8.0-63-generic linux-modules-5.8.0-63-generic linux-modules-extra-5.8.0-63-generic linux-image-5.8.0-63-generic

You can use apt search to locate a kernel version.
Boot into the kernel using the esc at Motherboard splash > Grub Menu Advanced Options for Zorin

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.