HD size as requirements

Hi all, i've installed Zorin 16 pro on a new VM with 30 Gb HDD as requirements
After install the disk is full :frowning: how is possible ??

Other question, with VMware i've expanded my HDD but now i've to set Zorin to use this new space, how to do ? is there a tools inside Zorin OS ?

I allocated 64GB for Zorin 16 pro, the remaining free space is around 32 GB.

2 Likes

I had no idea Pro is that big...

Yup. Pro requires a minimum of 30GB just to install. As is the case with Windows and other Linux distros, a good rule of thumb is to double the minimum requirements, as you did.

Zorin HDD Requirements

Pro has everything and the kitchen sink stuffed into it. The ISO is 4.5 GB, which is remarkably large for a Linux distro. Most run 1.8 to 2.8.

What I'd like to know is what is installed in Pro that isn't installed in Core. I've never been able to find that information on the Zorin website. Other than Steam I haven't found anything I need lacking in Core, but I'm curious.

2 Likes
  • Barrier
  • Break Timer
  • Kooha
  • Password Safe
  • Blender
  • Color Pickre
  • Dark Table
  • Inkscape
  • Krita
  • LibreCad
  • FreeCad
  • OpenToonz
  • Scribus
  • Foliate
  • Homebanking
  • Minder
  • Xournal++
  • Ardour 6
  • Audacity
  • Blanket
  • Handbrake
  • Kdenlive
  • Mixxx
  • Gnome Network Display
  • OBS
  • VLC
  • Virtual VM
1 Like

I have seven of those installed. I admit, Barrier is very useful at times but I sure wish it could transfer over Copy and Paste as well as operating the mouse and keyboard.
OR drag and drop. That would be awesome...

Thanks so much, Storm. I'm familiar with about a half dozen, all of which are solid, professional-level apps. I have a retired mechanical engineer friend who uses FreeCAD (Windows) to spec out parts for the railroad. I'll take a look at some of the others.