Help stuck on logo

standard intel hd graphic card, intel hd graphic 620

yes, i already tried the grub modification thing but it doesn't help

it's zorin 16 core 64 bit

i didn't do anything weird to the system, just adding software ppa and installing reinstalling some software, as long as i can remember i install inkscape, krita, zorin windows app support, lutris, unrar, all of that from terminal guided by their tutorial on their website, i also install some software from the store like synaptic package manager and figma-linux from snap

anything else i do from the gui, like installing update from software updater

reshaditiya, like you said before - You already moved/saved all your data so -- I think its better when just reinstall the ZorinOS, because that went alright, am i correct?

no, i mean i moved all my data from my old os to this new Zorin and i already deleted all the backup cause i think it's going fine, so the main point is my data is in this bootloop laptop

Which grub modification?

Well, you can still use the usb to startup the ZorinOS iso and reach to your data once more and perhaps save them some "better" place.

And then reinstall the system once again on this (which u call bootloop) laptop. When the installation is finished perhaps u can make a backup (the app is preinstalled on the Zorin16 iso) of this good functioning Zorin system. The only downside is that u will have to install the applications once again. But still be carefull when installing ".exe" files on Wine. But if it goes wrong you can always use the backup.

I also have a Intel graphics card; Iris plus graphics 655. Installed Wine several times without any problems. This for the lighter games, but I never use exe files.

Sorry, Aravisian, didn't see your text because I was still typing my response. You just go ahead.

i follow your instruction on other people with the same problem as me here, but it doesn't work for me

https://forum.zorin.com/t/solved-black-screen-after-install/532/2?u=reshaditiya

also tried this temporary grub modification but still not working

https://itsfoss.com/fix-ubuntu-freezing/

thanks, i will try to get my data with live USB hope it's going to work

Can you please repeat the steps to enter the Recovery Menu.
Once there, arrow key down to fsck. Hit enter to run fsck on your system, following the prompts.

If fsck works, but you are still unable to boot:
Tap the esc key as you boot to pull up the Recovery Grub and choose Advanced Options for Zorin. Select any Previous working Kernel to boot up from and see if it will work.
If you do not have any previous kernel; please relay that in this thread and we can try to install one.

1 Like

An alternative that others have mentioned, I think would be to boot up live USB, backup yr data and reinstall zorinOS.

But do try out Aravisian's way first. If you can boot into a previous or recovery kernel, there's a good chance your system can be fixed without a re-install

Also, personally I don't think wine will corrupt the system. Esp since it does not require sudo to execute

2 Likes

i can get my data using live USB, reinstalling Zorin did the same things as before except now i don't change my source from software updater (i changed it before to main server) don't know what the problem is but really thank you guys for helping newcomer like me, what a great community to be in

2 Likes

glad that u have managed to sort it out.

If you are interested, do have a readup on timeshift, which is a software that does backups of your current linux system (and restore them if you choose to). not saying that u must have it installed, but it is something that in my opinion, good to know about, and it is pretty easy to pickup.

thanks for letting me know, definitely will try it

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.